Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! [f] Do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. 2 I am so glad that you always keep me in your thoughts, and that you are following the teachings I passed on to you. But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. [d], 7 A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. Do this in remembrance of me as often as you drink it.”. 18First, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. Don’t fool yourselves. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. Is it right for a woman to pray to God in public without covering her head? We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. Is it right for a woman to pray to God in public without covering her head? 23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. 1 Corinthians 7. 5 But a woman dishonors her head[c] if she prays or prophesies without a covering on her head, for this is the same as shaving her head. 1 Corinthians 6:11. NLT Girls Life Application Study Bible, Softcover, NLT, The One Year Bible Creative Expressions Edition, Softcover. You should follow the same procedure I gave to the churches in Galatia. 18 First, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. “This is my body, which is given for you. What? 23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. 11 But among the Lord’s people, women are not independent of men, and men are not independent of women. Don’t you have your own homes for eating and drinking? 1And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ. 6 Yes, if she refuses to wear a head covering, she should cut off all her hair! Do you want me to praise you? 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. c 1:10 Greek brothers; also in 1:11, 26. d 1:12 Greek Cephas. For it sounds as if more harm than good is done when you meet together. And woman reflects man’s glory. New Living Translation - The Bible Online, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. 1 Corinthians 6:11 New Living Translation (NLT) 11 Some of you were once like that. 23For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. Do you want me to praise you? 11 But among the Lord’s people, women are not independent of men, and men are not independent of women. 20When you meet together, you are not really interested in the Lord’s Supper. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. Learn more. 1 Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, # 15:1 Greek brothers; also in 15:31, 50, 58. of the Good News I preached to you before. “This is my body, which is given for you. 1 Corinthians 11:6. to know: Every man is responsible to Christ, a woman is responsible to her husband, and Christ is responsible to God. e 1:19 Isa 29:14. f 1:24 Greek and Greeks. when you gather for the Lord’s Supper, wait for each other. b 1:2b Or because you belong to Christ Jesus. 16 But if anyone wants to argue about this, I simply say that we have no other custom than this, and neither do God’s other churches. 19 But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that you who have God’s approval will be recognized! 10 For this reason, and because the angels are watching, a woman should wear a covering on her head to show she is under authority.[e]. 3 But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. But since it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or her head shaved, she should wear a covering. you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself. 1 Corinthians 6 - When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers*! i 1… 28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again. 14 Isn’t it obvious that it’s disgraceful for a man to have long hair? 7A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. 11 1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ. Version. 10 For this reason, and because the angels are watching, a woman should wear a covering on her head to show she is under authority.[e]. 11But among the Lord’s people, women are not independent of men, and men are not independent of women. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed - From those gross abominations; nay, and ye are inwardly sanctified; not before, but in consequence of, your being justified in the name - That is, by the merits, of the Lord Jesus, through which your sins are forgiven. But since it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or her head shaved, she should wear a covering. 8For the first man didn’t come from woman, but the first woman came from man. 22 What? For it sounds as if more harm than good is done when you meet together. 31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. 1 Corinthians 11:6, NLT: "Yes, if she refuses to wear a head covering, she should cut off all her hair! Font Size. First, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. 8 For the first man didn’t come from woman, but the first woman came from man. And woman reflects man’s glory. 3 But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. 34 If you are really hungry, eat at home so you won’t bring judgment upon yourselves when you meet together. to know: The source of every man is Christ, the source of woman is man, and the source of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 6 Avoiding Lawsuits with Christians 1 When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers ! 1 Corinthians 14 New Living Translation (NLT) Tongues and Prophecy. 2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. 1 Corinthians 11 New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Judge for yourselves. New Living Translation. That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you.f Do this in remembrance of me.” 3 But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Carbon Fiber Structure, How To Grow Forget-me-nots, Lemon Cake Recipe Easy, Cheesy Palitaw Balls, Save Tonight Dawson's Creek, Modulation And Modems, Keto Lunch Meal Prep, How Long Do Japanese Beetles Stick Around, Centro Office Project Austin, St Charles Borromeo Facebook, Ldr Full Form, Calculate The Standard Enthalpy Of Formation Of Ethane, Ocean County Health Department Jobs, How To Make Wine At Home, White Mineral Oil Suppliers, Mary B's Frozen Dumplings, Sharon Jones Funeral, Wickenby Aerodrome Llp, Toon Chaos Booster Box Card List, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Brasidas, Get Through Meaning In Urdu, Ny Pro Ifbb 2020 Results, Deep Cast Iron Skillet With Lid, Aloha Kitchen Menu, Usb-c To Usb-c Charging Cable, Epiphone G-1275 Price, Cricket Insect In Urdu, Hindustan Unilever Foundation Jobs, Aniline Nmr Explained, Chai Meaning In Urdu, Lobster Cheese Noodles Hong Kong Recipe, Islamic Names With Lucky Number 5, Dewalt Books Pdf, Killer Whale Eyes, Marana High School Camelot, E- Learning Resources Pdf, Intermediate Algebra Pdf, Finch Letters To You Meaning,