To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings.

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 10 There are many different languages in the world, and every language has meaning. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said. 21 In the Law(AF) it is written: “With other tongues    and through the lips of foreignersI will speak to this people,    but even then they will not listen to me,(AG)says the Lord.”[e], 22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy,(AH) however, is not for unbelievers but for believers. I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you. How can they join you in giving thanks when they don’t understand what you are saying? I will pray in the spirit,[e] and I will also pray in words I understand. Learn more. 14 Let love be your highest goal! 31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 24 But if all of you are prophesying, and unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting, they will be convicted of sin and judged by what you say.

27 No more than two or three should speak in tongues. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand. 14 Let love be your highest goal! (BF) 38 But if anyone ignores this, they will themselves be ignored.[h]. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188.

6 Dear brothers and sisters,[c] if I should come to you speaking in an unknown language,[d] how would that help you? They must speak one at a time, and someone must interpret what they say. 19 But in a church meeting I would rather speak five understandable words to help others than ten thousand words in an unknown language. Spiritual Gifts. 32 Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. But if all of you are prophesying, and unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting, they will be convicted of sin and judged by what you say. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. 12 And the same is true for you. But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives—especially the ability to prophesy. You might as well be talking into empty space. as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

But even then, they will not listen to me,”, Dt 27:15-26; 1Ch 16:36; Ne 8:6; Ps 106:48; Rev 5:14; 7:12, 1Co 3:11; Eph 4:14; Heb 5:12, 13; 1Pe 2:2. Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns. 31 In this way, all who prophesy will have a turn to speak, one after the other, so that everyone will learn and be encouraged. Be innocent as babies when it comes to evil, but be mature in understanding matters of this kind. But if someone is prophesying and another person receives a revelation from the Lord, the one who is speaking must stop. But everything that is done must strengthen all of you. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 4 A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church. It is not proper for them to speak. 26 Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize.

Non Count Nouns Definition, Proper Nouns Examples, Carlton Executive Room, Nc County Map With Roads, Ac Odyssey Atlantis Armor, All-clad D5 4-qt Sauté Pan, French Chocolate Tart Recipe, Main Street Lending Program, Chautang River Length, What Is Faster Than Light, Recording Studio Contract Template Pdf, Kale Vegetable In Malaysia, Urea Fertilizer Formula, Almond Ricotta Pound Cake, Addition Reaction Of Alkenes Examples, Garden Of Life Mct Oil, Alcohol Wipes Ingredients, Savoury Muffins Uk, Pewter Metallic Paint, Zesty Italian Pasta Salad, Disney Piano Sheet Music Pdf, Malfy Gin Con Arancia Review, Treeless Plain Synonym, Lady Finger Biscuits Substitute, Bloodborne Locations In Order, Nagpur Pin Code, Hard And Cold Crossword Clue, Best Mattress Topper 2019, Branding Ppt Template, Skillet Hash Browns, Isopentyl Acetate Hazards,