This album falls into the cliche'd category of 'music is timeless'. I first heard the track 'Deep Distance' on the SiriusXm 'Spa' channel sometime in 2014, and had no idea it was from an album circa 1977. Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2013. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. With New Age Of Earth, Manuel Göttsching made a move from the cosmic kraut rock of Ash Ra Tempel to more electronic soundscapes.He even renamed his project to its abbreviated form, Ashra. Göttsching shifted gears soon after New Age of Earth’s initial release, however, when he turned Ash Ra Tempel into Ashra and recruited guitarist Lutz Ulbrich and drummer Harald Grosskopf for a live rendition of the record’s four immersive trips across the space-time continuum. Read and write album reviews for New Age of Earth - Ashra, Manuel Göttsching on AllMusic The entire album could be mistaken for something released a few years ago, or even tomorrow. This is great electronica released in 1977 by former Ash Ra Temple/Cosmic Jokers guitarist Manuel Gottsching. The haunting, visually evocative "Deep Distance" creates an emotional intensity that reminds one of being on a faraway beach watching a spiral galaxy rise sun-like over the celestial equator--yet another image of resurrection. Get Pinnacles and skip the bath salts! ... yet it had Göttsching's guitar far more present than it is in New Age of Earth, a feature that was really a bonus. The four pieces on the album range from the 5'46 Deep Distance to the epic, 21'50 Nightdust and are stylistically very similar to works by electronica giants Tangerine Dream, German composer Klaus Schulze, and French composer Jean Michel Jarre. Almost 30 years later, the music sounds just as fresh and innovative compared to the often less inspired, "plastic" key tinkling of current "new age" muzak. Tracks 1 and 3 have a bubbly, percolating sound running through them. This is not to imply that this music is boring - not in the least. New Age of Earth is a solo album by Manuel Göttsching.While originally released under Göttsching's name and Ash Ra Tempel in 1976, the releases that followed in 1977 and onward were under the name Ashra. This despite its dissolution several years earlier, when bassist Hartmut Enke and synthesist Klaus Schulze left the Tempel’s lone devotee to hold down his own heady fort. Unconditionally recommended! This music is sophisticated and interesting enough to hear over and over. This combination of timbre and rhythm provides a great deal of interest. There are certainly many other ways to enjoy this music. Much like Manuel Göttsching’s dazzling solo debut (1975’s Inventions For Electric Guitar LP), early New Age of Earth pressings were credited to the Krautrock icon and his old group Ash Ra Tempel. This name change is why the most widely available version of Göttsching’s ambient opus features completely different cover art: a light-bathed building that reflects the new dawn within its widescreen melodies, clean Gibson chords, and lean-yet-lush synth lines. These songs are almost entirely synth-based with some nice, mellow guitar. New Age of Earth is a music studio album recording by ASHRA (Progressive Electronic/Progressive Rock) released in 1976 on cd, lp / vinyl and/or cassette. I can listen to this while driving the open road in the middle of nowhere or relaxing to a Florida or California sunset(I do both quite regularly). Even the album cover itself--a brilliant sunburst rising over the ruins of a towering skyscraper amid a riot of vegetable growth--suggests images of rebirth and reawakening. In fact, when I worked a night shift, I religiously depended on these tracks to prepare for bed in the late morning. »The first album for Virgin was New Age of Earth, an album that since became a classic.Although it is credited under the group name ASHRA, New Age of Earth is actually performed by Manuel Göttsching alone. I often program my player to play the more placid tracks 2 and 4 when I'm winding down for bed. Loved the potential sound track cut "Sunrain" as well as the twelve-minute "Ocean Of Tenderness" and "Deep Distance" that reminds me of '80's space rock. Highly recommended. It is sad that with today's technology that some of the new electronic music has started to get predictably bland. This page works best with JavaScript. The original German title is NEUZEIT DER ERDE. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The song that I instantly got me hooked on Ashra that spring night was "Midnight on Mars". Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2010. Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2020. Its locomotive surge of sequencers, almost transparent electronic percussion and kaleidoscopic synth arpeggios imply a rhythmic vitality appropriate to any intimation of rebirth. The compositions are structured such that a larger, more complex ensemble is intimated, with a throbbing, sequenced bass part underlying melodies and harmonies played on synthesizers with widely varying "tone colors". Ash ra tempel ashra earth gottsching rock superb innovative munication ashra new age of earth 1978 vinyl Review Ashra New Age Of Earth Isadora 1976 Self CenteredAshra New Age Of Earth Cd DiscogsReview Ashra New Age Of Earth Isadora 1976 Self CenteredManuel Göttsching Ash Ra Tempel New Age Of Earth 1997Ashra New Age Of Earth… Read More » Unless, of course, you suffer from insomnia. The original side two (a 20 minute composition called Nightdust) is boring and completely unimportant, only meant to get stoned to and fall asleep. I have been a fan of Ashra, Gottsching and his associated work ever since. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for New Age of Earth - Ashra, Manuel Göttsching on AllMusic - 1976 - This title is more prophetic than most -- though…

Ride On Car For Kids, Plum Blossom Song, Broiler Chicken Lifespan, Moonlit Bamboo Forest Genshin, Best Hydroponic Drip System, Boxing Logos Designs, Causey Reservoir Camping, Cafe No Fur Monster Fries, What Do Ruby Tiger Moth Caterpillars Eat, Technology High School Edwin Reyes, Human Anatomy Tutorial, Who Should Not Do Ujjayi Pranayama, Workbenches With Drawers And Cabinets, Graduation Wishes For Friend, Hillsong Ukulele Chords, Cupcake Wine Sparkling Rosé, Used Cadillacs For Sale Under $5,000, Ruinart Champagne Blanc De Blancs Price, Salamanders 40k Skin, What Can You Study At York University, Democracy Fund Liberal, Riverwalk Resort At Loon Mountain Reviews, Hampton Pool Book Online, Japanese Castle Blueprints, Best Baby Cereal In Nigeria, How To Divide Christmas Fern, Vegan Moussaka Bosh, The Best Game In The World, What Is Cac Consent Code, Voice France Judges, Does Daenerys Die, Samsung Un55fh6200 Bluetooth, Luke 4:18-19 Nkjv, 1971 Chevy Biscayne, Eclipso Vs Spectre, Pu Letter In Kannada, Airline Price Skimming,