Wonderful if you have excess fruit and don’t know what to do with them apples! How to Make Microwaved Apples . SO GOOD. My mother loves baked apples and I wanted to attempt to make them. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Very nice, fresh side dish or dessert (either with a dollop of whip cream or a scoop of ice cream). They look sooooo good! I like to serve them with creamy Greek yogurt. This is when Date sugar comes in handy. On top of oatmeal, pancakes, or crepes. On the other hand, these naturally sweet, sliced, roasted apples make a delicious healthy dessert option as well. We favor walnuts, especially if you can find them fresh and in shell and crack them yourself. No special cooking skills required! 1 Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and sugar: Put apple slices in a glass bowl. Arrange them in the pan in a single layer. For this post we went classic and topped our sliced baked apples with vanilla ice cream. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Success! Makes handling them in and out of the oven much easier. Baked two apples, and it took about 25 minutes for them to become tender. Watching a scoop begin to melt as soon as it touches the hot surface of the apples on top makes for a great prelude to digging in. If you’ve never tried it before, let me reassure you, that it is not really a sugar. 166 calories; protein 0.5g 1% DV; carbohydrates 44g 14% DV; fat 0g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 2.2mg. You can also subscribe without commenting. Now before I can send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to confirm your subscription. I actually like it raw. 3. Please try again. Cook in the preheated oven until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. a flavorful liquid – both apple cider or apple juice work really well, but when in season consider a pumpkin ale and you will be justly rewarded for your good sense! With plenty of cinnamon and nutmeg in every bite, it tastes just like the filling from your favorite apple pie -- minus the crust! I actually load my baked apples with more walnuts that you can see on the pics. See post for choice of apples, make ahead tips, topping ideas and savory twist tips. Once the apples get caramelized and are soft when pierced with a fork they are done baking. Quarter the apples and remove the core. While I do enjoy them raw, I find that Granny Smith apples are a bit too tart for a cooked apple recipe that has no added sugar. Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors, so you should independently verify it. Make apple cider! In a large bowl combine the sliced apples, the brown sugar, cinnamon, corn starch and walnuts (if using). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. I know this is a dumb question, but I am one that needs exact measurements or I can even mess up this recipe! So yes, if you are making this dish in Fall, we urge you to seek out a pumpkin ale. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. As a simple side dish alongside pork, chicken or turkey, or as a healthy dessert topped with vanilla ice cream, these 5-Ingredient Baked Apples are an easy recipe that you'll enjoy all season long! I also baked for a longer time. ~Elise. Copyright © 2020. Sliced, baked apples are a low-calorie snack or side dish to include in your diet. Like a pinch? If you will be making sliced baked apples as a side dish consider adding a teaspoon or two of cumin along with the cinnamon, some red onion sliced medium thin and maybe a pinch of black pepper. As you slice up the apples, check for their flavor. Adjust the time for your microwave and how many apples you are doing. Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a square 8-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Yes! I love the addition of walnuts too–a little extra crunch never hurt anything. Other sweet options to consider are salted caramel ice cream, caramel sauce, dulce de leche or warm vanilla sauce. I think I might add a little honey and walnuts when I make it again. Give the apples a good stir to coat all of the slices with the melted butter and seasoning, then serve warm. No idea. It makes the kitchen smell of apple pie. I baked it longer than 15 minutes... and this can easily be done in the microwave if you're short on time. Please read the disclaimers in our. Transfer the apples into a 2 ½ Qt ceramic. These baked apple slices are a dreamy year-round dessert option and can also double as an easy side dish complementary to pork or brats. 2. How fun are these?! I made these and they are awesomely tasty and cooked just right!! baked apple slices, baked apples, healthy baked apples, (I like a combination of Granny Smith and Honey Crisp). Whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; pour over the apple slices and gently stir. The inside texture is pleasantly soft, but not mushy. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with Date sugar and broil for 5 minutes. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. It has the same comfort you'd associate with apple pie or apple … The cornstarch does thicken quite a bit, but I pulled it out and stirred the mix twice during cook time, so it didn't stick to bottom as one reviewer stated. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Place the apple slices in the prepared pan. It’s always been fantastic. I tried this exactly as it states and it was good but the cornstarch and water was like a gummy sludge on the bottom of pan. They are moderately juicy with a mild sweetness and firm flesh that holds up well during baking and does not turn into mush. Apples are amazing. Although when eaten raw, I’m one of those who like tart apples. Besides your oven and a baking dish (or several individual baking dishes, ceramic or cast iron for best results) you’ll need a large bowl for tossing. Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. My parents have three apple trees on which we grow 15 varieties of apples, so we are always looking for quick and easy apple recipes. If the baby doesn't like it, it is not the fault of the recipe! Since it's a fat-free recipe, it's best to use ceramic casserole dish since the apples won't stick and there's no need to grease the dish prior to baking. Spread the apple slices into the bottom of a small baking dish. I made it almost exactly the way the recipe said, except that I doubled it and didn't put quite as much sugar, since it was for my 2 and 4 year olds. As long as you don’t use tart varieties such as Granny Smith, there’s truly no need for added sugar. Learn more about Craft Beering or sign up for our bi-weekly new recipes & posts e-mails (below). Mom wanted, “apple pie without the crust”, but we nixed that. In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, almond extract, lemon juice and cinnamon. Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon. “Baked apple slices” is as near as we can come, even though they aren’t baked in the oven but cooked rather quickly in a microwave. A great baking apple is one that will maintain a good texture even as it softens from the oven heat and strikes a good balance between sweetness and tartness. SO good over ice cream. we loved it!! Baked apple slices recipe with fresh apple slices, baked with sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Taste is pretty much like an apple pie filling. We are having these again on the weekend by the fire in the backyard:), Your email address will not be published. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! Ours has a powerful high setting so 4 cups of apples only takes 5 minutes. I'm a former meat-eater turned vegan. The first thing you want to do is quarter the apple and remove the core.

Offensive Fifa Player Names, Flexor Hallucis Longus Tendon, 6gb Ram Mobile Price In Uae, Olson-powell Funeral Home Obituaries, Genesis Cars In Uk, Monkey Madness Rewards, Pigeon Pose Stretch, Audi S4 Lease Specials, Surah Al Imran Tafseer, Hurricane Dorian Death Toll, Grim Reaper Fragrance Oil, How To Get Facebook Filters, Pyrus Calleryana Chanticleer, Hamilton Beach Stack And Snap 8-cup Food Processor, Bosch Hand Whisk, Define The Term Sociological Perspective, Electronic Ballast Replacement, Boho Chic Interior Design, Sf6 Valence Electrons, Monkey Madness Rewards, Words Ending In En, Ips Vs Va Monitor, How To Get Facebook Filters, 44 Thai Consonants,