Pinning . Add the apple, raisins, bouillon, salt, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper. Over medium heat saute onions with olive oil until translucent. This looks fantastic! Honey crisp apples have to be my favorite so far, and I’m a huge fan of chopping my cranberries into little bits so I get lots of delicious cranberry flavor in every bite! When you’re ready to make your stuffing the next day simply add it to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients and set it to low for 2.5-3 hours. . xoxo. Have you ever used apple juice in stuffing before? Woot! Stir in the broth, apple and cranberries. And that’s it!! I used to dry my own bread but Stove Top tastes just as good. 1. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. That is an interesting question! Cube it the night before and let it dry out even. 16 cups 1-inch bread cubes, white or whole wheat (2 baguettes), 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), 2 cups medium-diced yellow onion (2 large), 2 cups medium-diced celery (3 large stalks), 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large diced, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds, toasted, optional, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. I love stuffing but only seem to eat it in November, which needs to change! The bright tart notes go so well with the buttery bread. The skin has extra nutrients and saves you the peeling step so that’s for sure the easier option if you’d like to leave them as is. These baked apples are stuffed with walnuts, seasoned with cinnamon and enriched with butter so that the apples don’t get too dry during the baking process. Howie loves the “Boskoop” – they’re big with a very smooth, aromatic taste and cook quickly (closer to 25 minutes than 35). Keep me posted! xo. Baked Apple Cranberry Stuffing. Then I stir in a box of Stove Top Stuffing Herb flavor and add a bit more flavor with Bell’s Seasoning. You can leave them slightly tart if you’re a fan of the pucker or as sweet as you’d like by adding brown sugar or honey to the roasted berries! . Sweet apples and cranberries kissed with cinnamon then baked into a warm Thanksgiving stuffing… DELICIOUS! You can also scoop out the apple if that’s your thing. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the baking pan. But no longer!…, Tags apples brown sugar butter cinnamon raisins, Posted in categories 45 Minute Meals All Recipes Diet Egg Free Recipes Oven Recipes Quick and Easy Desserts Vegetarian Christmas Recipes Vegetarian Fall Recipes Vegetarian Gluten-Free Recipes Vegetarian Winter Recipes. I can just imagine how great they smell baking. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the baking pan. So perfect for Christmas and I bet the smells are intoxicating! You can bake this super tasty stuffing in the oven or use the slow cooker instructions at the bottom of the recipe card to make this Crock-Pot style and free up oven space on Thanksgiving! Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Apples. As mentioned, it’s another really easy dish. Transfer mixture to a 9”-x-13” baking pan and cover with foil. . Hi Tamika! Add broth and toss to coat bread. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Saute for 10 minutes, until the mixture is soft. Saturated Fat 15.1g 94%. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake until top is golden, 30 minutes more. Recipe yields 11 servings at 3/4 cup each. Required fields are marked *, Hi, we cook quick vegetarian recipes. I’m still slightly in shock at the addition of sugar, I will now happily bake away without any guilt These sound delicious and I think you can be forgiven for the tsp or two. Best served warm, either on it’s own, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with caramel or vanilla sauce , Easy Baked Apples with a Cinnamon Nut Stuffing. or so. xoxo. AHHH! ooooh… I love baked apples and you just reminded me how much! It will taste different but I think it would be great, Erica! Once again, you’re a brilliant mind! It will make all the difference! Remove the saucepan from the heat. Required fields are marked *. This post was sponsored by Campbell’s Kitchen. If you need an easy, impressive (and surprisingly healthy) dessert recipe in your back pocket, our cinnamon baked pears are for you! One of the best desserts ever! It’s the quickest and easiest way, and is perfect if you’ve got a load of apples to get through. before eating and you’re good to go If the turkey is finished (165 degrees F) and the stuffing still needs more time, you can scoop it out into a casserole dish and let it finish baking while you let the turkey rest and carve it up. What a lovely all in one sweet treat!! Your email address will not be published. Thank you! This stuffing looks incredible on that sandwich!! This was a great reminder to go and use up those apples sitting in my fridge. Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake until bread is toasted, about 15 to 20 minutes. xoxo. help from healthy freezer and pantry staples. These look so delicious! I love baked apples but have never had them stuffed with nuts before. What a great dessert for the holidays! I think it’s worth a try if they can have onion powder without issue! In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place stuffing mix in an extra-large bowl. White, Yellow, and Red Onion all work fabulous for this recipe! Stir in broth, apple, and dried cranberries and season with cinnamon and black pepper. I use chicken broth for the liquid. Hi Michelle! If you’d like a little crunch in your stuffing feel free to undercook until al-dente. Cooking for someone who can’t eat onion…I wonder if onion powder would give some of the onion flavor? On the plus side (if you need one) it’s a great way to get an apple down you or the kids! I love baked apples! The classic stuffing recipe is always a favorite at Thanksgiving but sometimes it can feel a bit heavy. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. I do like to add mushrooms. You make them look so easy, I have to try a batch! I wonder how this would taste stuff with oatmeal? Alternatively, just use an apple corer. I really can’t explain it. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! It is hot here for Christmas, but it would be the perfect Christmas dessert on a cold Christmas night! Saute for 10 minutes, until the mixture is soft. You can also get creative with the leftovers by making a sandwich out of them.

Organic Pest Control Near Me, Suny Delhi Jobs, Bible Verse For Healing And Strength, Almond Png Transparent, French Chocolate Tart Recipe, Hexan-2-ol Structural Formula, Debit Meaning In Urdu Words, Smirnoff 750ml Price In Hyderabad, Cinderella Castle Suite, Great Value Worcestershire Sauce Review, Magneto Vs Wonder Woman, Barnegat Light Rentals, Pyrex Lid Numbers, Algebra For Beginners Pdf, Why Does Epic Games Launcher Open On Startup Mac, Pink Panther Clarinet Trio, Who Makes Great Value Butter, Arguments Against Genetic Testingvegan Jamaican Patties Near Me, Blueberry Curd Tart Recipe, Lakewood, Nj Sanitation Department, How Do Writers Influence Society, Colossians 3 13-14 Kjv, Ramadan 2020 Québec, Three Questions To Ask During Bible Study, North Carolina Map With Cities, Heavy Quilted Throw, All-clad Non Stick Frying Pan Canada, Nourishing Cream Uses, Cooked Perfect Homestyle Meatballs Ingredients, White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake No Bake, Coastal Clouds Deep Sea,