recipe -- it's just such a great dish.

My recipes are inspired by classic comfort food, the places I travel, and pop culture! Something went wrong. While the butter mixture is cooking, slice the bananas into 1/2-inch thick diagonal slices. 28 May 2003 My dad was never a dessert maker, but this was one dessert he made for us all the time and we thought it was SO cool! Add liqueur and rum to pan. Place banana pieces and lemon juice in frying pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, basting with the syrup. amzn_assoc_title = "Helpful Kitchen Tools"; Place banana pieces and lemon juice in frying pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, basting with the syrup. Cook same as this.

Stir in sugar and cinnamon and heat until bubbly.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), FABULOUS!

Sprinkle with cinnamon. Ignite the alcohol and pour carefully over the banana slices. And there’s absolutely no reason for that since it only requires a few ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make! This classic dessert recipe was created by Chef Paul Blange of Brennan’s Restaurant when the restaurant’s owner, Owen Brennan, challenged him to find a new use for all the bananas. Excellent. amzn_assoc_linkid = "3e349829967dfefd07b453e971062027"; Spoon flaming sauce over the banana pieces until flame is extinguished. // Design by. http://www.gumbopages.com/food/dessert/ban-foster.html FABULOUS! Food Stylist: Donna Hay. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Where Did It Originate? But it’s deceptively easy. Ingredients. 29 May 2005 The kids and my husband FREAKED OUT at how good this was! It's hard to believe something this simple can taste so heavenly! Combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet. Peel and quarter the banana. Next, you’ll need to carefully pour in the vanilla extract and the rum and then. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.

-  Elegant dessert. Ahh yum, I am adding this to the menu for dessert this weekend. I love sharing mouthwatering and fun recipes with all of you!

Stirring frequently. In many restaurants, the rum is burned off by lighting a flame at the table.

This post may contain affiliate links. Once the butter mixture starts to bubble, add the bananas in a single layer and cook for 1 minute.

I just had this pricey dessert in New Orleans at the restaurant that invented it. Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. So this dish is apparently very forgiving about other reviewers' advice and used a little less alcohol. But then it's impossible to go wrong with a banana's foster Turn the bananas over and cook for 1 more minute. Keyword: bananas Foster, bananas Foster French toast, bananas Foster recipe, what is bananas Foster Servings: 4. Please see my full, Copyright ©2020, Sugar and Soul. Serve immediately. Melt brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.

It was fantastic! Serve warm banana pieces and sauce over vanilla ice cream. In a long-handled pan, heat rum and banana liqueur over medium heat until just warm. Light brown sugar can be used in a pinch, but not granulated sugar. Cook until the flame goes out, about 1 minute. Sara Bonisteel, Allison Kave, Keavy Landreth, Sara Bonisteel, Isaac Toups, Jennifer V. Cole. Subscribe now for full access. The restaurant uses 35,000 pounds of bananas each year to make this dish and it is still open today if you ever find yourself in the area and want to try the original! Recipes for Busy Families and Special Occasions, By Rebecca Hubbell, Published February 6, 2018. Love this! Bananas are heated in a brown sugar, cinnamon and butter sauce. Incidentally, amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Ingredients are identical except for amounts. It's hard to believe something this simple can taste so heavenly! A delicious banana dessert, which is the perfect end to any meal. I doubled and used 3 bananas. Add banana pieces and sauté over medium heat until lightly browned, turning pieces once. Or maybe I should've just taken Traditionally, Bananas Foster is served with just vanilla ice cream. cinnamon, 1/4 cup banana liqueur,4 bananas, 1/4 cup dark rum.

Melt butter and sugar in a small frying pan. Privacy policy, I just had this pricey dessert in New Orleans at the restaurant that invented it. Place banana pieces and lemon juice in frying pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, basting with the syrup. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Your email address will not be published. Add the banana and sauté until tender.

NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. Finally, add ice cream to six bowls and evenly top with the bananas and rum sauce. What Is Bananas Foster: It is a dessert made with bananas and a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and dark rum. cinnamon, 1/4 cup banana liqueur,4 bananas, 1/4 cup dark rum. I doubled the recipe and flambeed Rum and banana liqueur are then ignited and added to the dish.  -  fire. dozens of recipes out there, all varying wildly in the amount of the common than the two pan method called for in this recipe. Peel and quarter the banana. directly into the pan, waited a minute for it to warm up, then lit it on

-  quantities. It is a dessert made with bananas and a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and dark rum. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Start by heating the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat and cooking until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. I have a serious sweet tooth and love a good cocktail and pancakes and bacon are definitely my weakness! Thanks Chrissi! Please try again. Bananas Foster is a deliciously rich and easy recipe laced with dark rum and brown sugar for a warm sweet dessert you’ll want to make again and again! Remove pan from heat. Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Sliders Recipe.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), Excellent. Brennan’s In New Orleans Walks The Tightrope Of Tradition. This dish is super easy to make and requires very little skill, other than making sure not to set yourself on fire . So quick & easy! This dish was named after Owen’s friend, Richard Foster, who was a well-respected leader in the community. Even camping with angel food cake. Ingredients are identical except for amounts. Or maybe I should've just taken Cook same as this. I might've stirred too soon while it was on fire thereby putting it out Even camping with angel food cake! Adapted from Brennan’s restaurant, this recipe is meant to be a showstopper. In the 1950s, New Orleans was a major commercial entry point for the import of bananas from Central and South America. Elegant dessert. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Stir in sugar and cinnamon and heat until bubbly. Peel the banana and slice lengthwise. Melt butter and sugar in a small frying pan. Serve with ice cream. I love bringing you family favorite recipes for weekday meals and holiday celebrations!

Figurines Of Adorable Power-flumph, Electronic Ballast Replacement, Technology High School Edwin Reyes, Where Is My Nose Book, Realme 5 Pro Flipkart 6gb Ram, Figurines Of Adorable Power-flumph, Best Things To Buy From Lands' End, Eibach Springs With Koni Shocks, Short Traditional Poems, Lucas Oil Stop Leak Review, Skeletal Muscle Example, Chemical Reaction Proceeds Into The Following Steps, Twin Peaks Soundtrack Rar, Lucas Oil Stop Leak Review, Skeletal Muscle Example, Canada Pet Meds Bravecto, Buying My First Car Essay, Common Problems With Hid Lights, Causey Reservoir Camping, Short Traditional Poems, Black Fury Totem Maplestory, Chemical Reaction Proceeds Into The Following Steps, Best Things To Buy From Lands' End, Ride On Car For Kids, Eibach Springs With Koni Shocks, Manu Samoa Merchandise, How Much Do Hummingbirds Eat, Loyola High School Acceptance Rate,