>> See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. “I wish more people had an empathetic “join the club” mentality rather than a judgmental “what’s his problem?” view of life.”. As my wife and I talked about her feeling of inadequacy and her feeling that she couldn’t make it, I recalled something that had happened in our family just a couple of months earlier. That is why he is called the Bridegroom. Elaine Walton shares that Christ taught the pure doctrine to "love thy neighbour as thyself." We Never Know Where Walking in His Steps Will Lead | Vaughn J. Featherstone, Aug 1979. I have always believed that he suffered and died for me. Was I good enough today?” We’re so terrified of whether we’re going to live or die, or whether we’ve made it to the kingdom or not, that we cannot make any progress. He is our individual Savior, if only we will enter into that glorious covenant relationship with him and give him all we have. We must try, we must work—we must do all that we can. But in the meantime, we are perfect only in a partnership, in a covenant relationship with him. endobj This then makes me free, and makes my time on earth a probationary state, where I can practice. The Christ-Focused Beatitudes | Robert E. Wells, May 1986. /Thumb 25 0 R That’s why we need a savior, and we are commanded to approach God and to call upon him so we may receive according to our desires. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. << You’re not celestial material? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Nephi realized that he was imperfect. /Count 10 24 0 obj Things were going pretty well. Abu (#1), thanks for linking to the series by Joe Spencer on Believing Christ. I can’t believe I wasn’t aware of it. Christ became incarnate in order that He should die for human sin. From that perspective I think Stephen Robinson’s book is excellent; but I wouldn’t see it as a definitive explanation of how the atonement applies any more than any other book written by mortal man would be able to do so. My favourite scripture on the topic is Alma 33:16 “Thou art angry, O Lord, with this people, because they will not understand thy mercies which thou hast bestowed upon them because of thy Son.” For me there is no better description of how important the Lord thinks it is for us to understand the practical applications of the atonement. Support the show: https://ldsp-pay.ldschurch.org/donations/byu/byu-speeches.html >> eXjq[Hrr?q=P*NV^)Sb[_&l[4(VD`o^mt(Cn.DahYNM#q+Bdm8g This is why the Savior says in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” What heavier load is there than the demand for perfection, that you must do it all, that you must make yourself perfect in this life before you can have any hope in the next? And why do so many Mormons not feel cleansed, redeemed, and confidently hopeful in the here and now thanks to the atonement but rather feel guilty and inadequate? Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after the righteousness that God has, after the righteousness of the celestial kingdom, because as that is the desire of their heart, they can achieve it—they will be filled. /Length 1505 You give me everything you’ve got and a hug and a kiss, and the bike is yours.” Well, she’s never been stupid. How much do you have? One of my favorite hymns says, “Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved! /Rotate 0 See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. She said, “All right. We must do all that we can, and having done all, then we must trust in his redeeming blood and in his ability to do for us what we cannot yet do. A collection of BYU devotionals that testify of the divinity and necessity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Yes, one person’s “truth” as revealed by the Holy Spirit can differ a little from someone else’s “truth” as revealed by the Holy Spirit — both are merely individual reflections on something they’re seeing and discerning. “Am I celestial? I hope for a place a little further down.”, These statements are variations of the same theme: “I do not believe Christ can do what he claims. And, Daddy, I’ve saved every single one of them.”, She’s my daughter, and I love her. No one can. February 10–16 2 Nephi 6–10 “O How Great the Plan of Our God!” Article by BYU Speeches. I really enjoyed it. But with the deaths of those strong GA speakers from the mid-20th century AND with Pres Benson’s encouragement to study the Book of Mormon, we suddenly ‘discovered’ that the Book of Mormon says a LOT about Grace. I had a friend who used to say quite frequently, “I figure my life is half over, and I’m halfway to the celestial kingdom, so I’m right on schedule.”.

Craftsman 6' Workbench With Wood Top, 100 Sentences Of Simple Present Tense, Houston's Pineapple Steak Recipe, How To Make Dark Chocolate Without Cocoa Butter, Nikon D3500 Review, Block Letters Meaning In Urdu, Cosmetic Surgery Meaning In Tamil, Post On Or In Facebook, Predict Whether Alcohols Will Be Soluble Or Insoluble In Water, How Long To Bake Frozen Meatballs At 375, Broadcloth Vs Poplin, Ardglass Golf Club Scorecard, Trisha Yearwood Lemon Blueberry Bread, Color Mixing Online, Nutrilite Glucosamine Hcl With Boswellia Review, R Madhavan Web Series, Alaska Climate Data, Mineral Oil Pc Benefits, Noida Pin Code Sector 63, How Do You Make Homemade Rubbing Alcohol,