She focuses on dinners for two and date night cuisine. Blend until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. If you can melt chocolate in the microwave, whip heavy cream, and stir in an egg yolk, you have mousse. Pour in the boiling water and blend for 30 seconds. If you want to make a slightly fancier version of this mousse, I made this chocolate mousse for two … If you’re staying in, have you checked out my Romantic Dinners for Two? Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Place chocolate into your blender. 5 ounces milk chocolate chips (heaping 3/4 cup). The recipe that I use the most on this site is my 15-minute puff pastry recipe, but I have a feeling that this 5-minute chocolate mousse is about to take its place.. Scrape the spatula through and under the chocolate, and fold that over onto the cream. You could also chill the mousse in one bowl and spoon into serving dishes a few minutes before serving. Once the chocolate is melted: work quickly! Repeat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted—about 90 seconds. This can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. To cut the intensity, fold about 1/2 to 1 cup of whipped topping or whipped cream into the chilled mousse until well blended. With the blender running, gradually pour the hot cream into the blender. Resist the urge to turn the heat up or you'll risk scrambling the egg. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, or at least 2 to 3 hours. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate. Blend until chocolate is melted and the mixture is … Turn the bowl 90 degrees and repeat. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Scrape down … Add vanilla (and liqueur, if using) and whisk custard into chocolate until smooth. First, separate the egg and have the egg yolk ready in a bowl nearby. I’m your Valentine’s Day queen! Original Chocolate Mousse. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. An award-winning food writer, cooking instructor, and author of five cookbooks. But I’ve had the super complicated fancy mousse, and I still like this 5 minute chocolate mousse version more. Easy chocolate mousse for two is my gift to you this Valentine’s Day, because it comes together in just 5 minutes. It’s darker and richer. Place chocolate chips, eggs, and flavoring in blender and chop. The rest of the recipe needs to be completely quickly. This easy strawberry mousse for two is great if you don’t love chocolate. If the chocolate has started to firm up slightly, you're fine--just work fast. Top the dessert with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle with a little cocoa. Gently stir the cream in to lighten the mixture. Take the mousse out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving for a softer dessert. She has scaled down hundreds of recipes into smaller servings so you can enjoy your favorite dishes without the leftovers! Since Valentine’s Day is on a weekday this year, what are you guys doing? Fold 1 cup of the chocolate mixture into the chilled whipped cream until smooth, then add the rest … Heat cream until very hot and small bubbles appear at edge. Next, melt the chocolate: In a medium glass bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. Ingredients 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips ½ cup white sugar 3 large eggs eggs 1 cup hot milk (160 degrees F/71 degrees C) 3 tablespoons brandy Divide the mousse between two serving dishes. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream. Of course, this recipe isn’t entirely authentic. Do not boil. The mixture should be smooth. Repeat until about 2/3 of the chocolate chips are melted. Heat just until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, or to about 170 F to 175 F on a food thermometer. Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture: Begin by adding a heaping spoonful of the whipped cream into the chocolate custard base. Consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs poses a risk of food-borne illness. Add the hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Next, pour the heavy cream in a medium bowl, and place it in the fridge with the electric beaters. Stir in the egg yolk. This simple, delicious chocolate mousse is a snap to prepare! When you're looking for a no-fail basic chocolate mousse, use this … https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/magazine/blender-chocolate-recipe.html Let cool slightly. Serve immediately, or chill it for up to 3 days but bring it to room temperature for an hour before serving (it will harden as it chills). Scoop or pipe into two ramekins or glasses. Add the hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined. So smooth and creamy! Whisk together the egg yolk, sugar, and salt in a small heatproof bowl. Once the cream has soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and add all of the melted chocolate. Christina Lane is the author of 3 cookbooks all about cooking and baking for two. You can do this in a microwave by heating for 30 seconds at 50 percent power. Valentine's Day is her favorite holiday. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Get helpful baking tips and recipes for cookies, cakes, breads, and more treats, delivered right to your inbox. Beat the chocolate into the cream mixture until fully incorporated, about 15 seconds maximum. Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate garnish, if desired, or sprinkle the whipped cream with a little cocoa. 5 minute and 5 ingredient easy chocolate mousse for two. Spoon the chilled mousse into individual dessert dishes. Whip the cream in the pre-chilled bowl using an electric mixer on high with the pre-chilled beaters. If you want to make a slightly fancier version of this mousse, I made this chocolate mousse for two last year with a tart cherry reduction and crushed peanut butter pretzels on top. Pour … We added an extra cooking step to the recipe to ensure the eggs are brought to at least the minimum safe temperature or 160 F. We cooked the mixture to 170 F. As mentioned in a review, the chilled mousse is somewhat dense, but it's easy, rich, and chocolatey. The finished dessert is not very sweet; if you prefer a sweeter mousse, use a chocolate with a lower cacao percentage (60 to 65 percent) or add the optional liqueur. Place chocolate chips, eggs, and flavoring in blender and chop. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. When mixed, add about a third of the remaining whipped cream to the chocolate base. (If the mixture is pasty or grainy, you have burned the chocolate, and you must start over). If you want to make a petite chocolate mousse cake complete with truffles on top, I’ve got you covered there, too. If you don't have a microwave, you can melt the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Let cool. Plus, it’s made in the blender. The mixture will be lighter and the mixing easier. With the blender running, gradually pour the hot cream into the blender. For the remaining chips to melt, slowly and gently stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. Beat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream in a small bowl using a hand mixer (most stand mixers are too large for this amount of cream) just until stiff peaks begin to form. Heat 3 tablespoons of the cream in a small (1-quart) heavy saucepan just until bubbles start to form around the edge of the pan. This is our favorite. Cover the mousse with plastic wrap and refrigerate for thirty minutes or more, until the mousse has stiffened slightly. Separate the egg and have the egg yolk ready to go. Pour the custard through a fine sieve into the chocolate. Stir the egg yolk into the melted chocolate mixture, and then fold everything into the whipped cream.

Spirituality Daily Devotional Books, What Is Eating My Rose Buds, How To Get Noticed By A Record Label, Mexico: One Plate At A Time Watch Online, Benefits Of Biotechnology, Gender And Media Research Topics, Antelope Meaning In Urdu, Seeds Of Yesterday Full Movie Youtube, Silicone Oil Near Me, Coles Texan Beef And Black Bean, Best Defensive Rating In Nba History, Pasta With Cherry Tomatoes And Mozzarella, Difference Between Lz And Lzw Compression, Credited Meaning In Kannada, Lemon Cake Starbucks Calories, Hebrews 3 Nkjv, Flir Screening Mode, Brian Eno - By This River, Popular Exterior House Colors 2020 Sherwin Williams, Does Wolff-kishner Reduce Alkenes, Greenfinch Or Siskin, Ricotta Whipped Cream Recipe, Rice And Green Peas Recipe, Cuisinart Model 622-24 Oven Safe, Calphalon Classic Oil-infused Ceramic Reviews, American Wholesale Clothing, How To Get Rid Of Apple Snail Eggs, Decision Making Skills Definition, Pyrex Mixing Bowls With Lids, Lotte Choco Pie Price, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Prabhashakan 11:22 In English, Creamy Chimichurri Chicken, Angel Food Cake With Cherry Pie Filling And Cream Cheese, Computer Fundamentals Course Pdf, Rao's Chicken Alfredo Recipe, Farhan Qureshi 3 Idiots, Backbox Linux Kernel, Coconut Sticky Rice With Jasmine Rice, Organic Nut Butter,