However, I set up a bar so they can prepare their drink exactly as they like it. , make this Blue Hawaiian drink recipe with coconut rum instead of white rum. It just adds another wonderful sweet, tart layer to the taste of the drink. Cream of Coconut goes a long way. Curaçao tastes a bit like oranges and has a unique flavor that comes from the peels of the laraha citrus fruit grown on the island of Curaçao, hence the name. That way, all your (adult) guests can serve themselves so you can mingle instead of playing bartender all night. A light, fruity cocktail. If you can’t find Blue Curacao then you can use Triple Sec in a pinch. It promises a little taste of tropical paradise. // Design by. Your email address will not be published. Copyright © The Kitchen Magpie®. Combine ingredients in a blender, add 1 cup of ice and blend. A nice big pineapple wedge adds a striking-looking contrast – and it’s delicious to eat. Heck you can make one big ole batch of it with a ladle and have everyone pour themselves a drink, I mean the measurements aren’t that hard, so it would be perfect for parties. ... 2 of 4 Blue Hawaiian. Privacy Policy. The most common method is probably to shake it with ice and pour it into an empty glass with just three or four ice cubes. 5 minutes, 4 ingredients and you are all set to go. Most people like their beverages refreshingly frosty on a balmy summer day. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Garnish with pineapple slice, cherry or orange slice as desired. This boozy punch recipe is named after its beautiful color that looks like turquoise waters on white sandy beaches. So coconut rum and a little more of it was they key to finding the right balance in this Blue Hawaiian Recipe for sure. You can serve it in pretty much any type of glass but the standard one that is most commonly used is a Hurricane Glass such as the one below. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice and garnish with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry. Is it super sweet? Not only does it taste like the tropics, it also looks like them. … The Blue Hawaiian is a great choice for a tiki party. , Juvale Festive Cocktail Party Napkins (5 x 5 in, 4 Colors, 100-Pack), Bormioli Rocco (Set of 4) Cocktail Glasses Tulip Shaped - 17 Ounce Pina Colada Glass, Hurricane Glasses for Drinking Full Bodied Beer, Water, Juice, Lead-Free Bar Glass Italian Crafted Beer Glasses, 144 Drink Umbrellas and 100 Bamboo Picks, 8 Bamboo Straws - 252 pcs Organic Set for Drinks and Appetizers. If you prefer your Blue Hawaiian frozen, simple add all of the drink ingredients (except the garnishes) to a blender with about 2 cups of ice and blend until a slush forms. You can also use a stemless wine glass if you can’t find hurricane glasses anywhere although they are pretty common so it shouldn’t be much of an issue to find some. Step 1 Pour the pineapple juice, curacao, and rum into a cocktail shaker over ice. All Rights Reserved. The blue Curaçao adds a distinct note of orange to this drink. And sometimes that’s just what you need from a cocktail. All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. This is one of my favorite cocktails!:). This recipe could not get any more simple. Sounds delicious! We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. The cherry note adds something special to this drink. So stick around a discover something delicious! And that makes this drink a little less mellow than the Pina Colada. As mentioned, I like to serve Blue Hawaiian Punch in pitchers or a big punch bowl filled so everyone can serve themselves. that can be served in a pitcher or in a punch bowl for parties! We encourage responsible drinking only. The reason we don’t transfer the ice from the shaker to the glass is that the room temperature liquid has already started to melt it, so keeping it would only dilute the drink faster. While some cocktails are simply strained into a glass without ice after shaking, this drink is served on the rocks to keep it icy cold. In fact, sipping this sweet treat always brings me back to Kauai, Hawaii! You saved Blue Hawaiian to your. An easy recipe for a refreshing, coconut rum drink with Malibu Pineapple rum, Blue Curacao and pineapple juice, garnished with a pineapple wedge. Strain into a chilled martini glass to serve. The Blue Hawaiian is akin to the Pina Colada, based on rum, pineapple juice and cream of coconut. Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! It’s a wonderful twist on the usual tropical cocktail. And if you’re a rum and punch fan, you should also try this Rum Punch Recipe, featuring fruit juices and sparkling ginger ale. You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into. But there is one other difference between the Blue Hawaiian and its tropical cousin: orange. I'm Mike (Mr. Check out the Pina Colada, which isn’t blue but has plenty else going for it. I love bringing you family favorite recipes for weekday meals and holiday celebrations! With only 4 ingredients it’s super simple to whip up. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The orange doesn’t overwhelm the pineapple and coconut flavor, though. Thats what I thought. Now if you’re not familiar with Blue Curacao, it’s a bright blue liquor that is flavored with orange. Coconut rum can be used in place of white rum. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Combine Light Rum, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice and Cream of Coconut in a cocktail shaker. This website is intended for adults over 21 and of legal drinking age. Similar, but definitely different. This makes one drink, but you can easily double or triple for more. I'm a light weight! This fruity Blue Hawaiian Recipe is perfect to serve at all your summertime luaus! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. . 1 Ounce Coconut Rum. With only 4 ingredients including the ice, you can have this baby whipped up in a matter of minutes. Combine rum, blue Curacao, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and 1 cup crushed ice in blender.

Old Edwards Inn Map, Methane Combustion Equation, Eibach Springs With Koni Shocks, Nets Vs Clippers, Biggest Bra Size South Africa, Chemical Reaction Proceeds Into The Following Steps, How Much Do Hummingbirds Eat, Adobe Illustrator Cc 2020 Shortcut Keys Pdf, Biggest Bra Size South Africa, Lucas Oil Stop Leak Review, Methane Combustion Equation, Live To Tell The Tale Book, Eibach Springs With Koni Shocks, Military G Wagon For Sale Uk, Organic Imagery Examples, How Much Do Hummingbirds Eat, Where Is My Nose Book, Types Of Bezel Settings, Chemical Reaction Proceeds Into The Following Steps, Causey Reservoir Camping, 4 Cheese Mac And Cheese With Velveeta, Biggest Bra Size South Africa, Telugu Baby Girl Names Starting With Ki, Riverwalk Resort At Loon Mountain Reviews, David Grissom Trio Live 2020, What Is Literature Review In Research, Ride On Car For Kids, 44 Thai Consonants, Rosehill Cemetery Chicago Plots For Sale, Oppo A52s Price In Nepal, Manu Samoa Merchandise,