I have no idea what parts of jQuery are used for a dropdown and I assume it would need quite a lot of digging into bootstrap.js and jquery.js to figure it out ;). Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Take a look at my dropdown menu page and see if it helps seeing how to do it without all the bloated bootstrap junk in the way. Why does a firm make profit in a perfect competition market, Using ddrescue to shred only rescued portions of disk. I have change the webpack and asset configurations to use Bootstrap v4. Not sure if it is just me, I am moving from bootstrap 3 to v4 and dropdown list is not working, even the simplest example copied from the bootstrap v4 dropdown session. at least for me, all of the above did not fix the problem. @REJack With the below code I create an AdminLTE2 dropdown menu which includes a standard bootstrap dropdown button. The main problem is that you didn't assign "id" to your button which will be used to link to drop down menu using attribute "aria-labelledby". Q&A for Work. hi, i need to use dropdown menu, dropdown not showing while click button. When clicking on the button instead of being able to select one of the button items the whole dropdown menu disappears so it seems impossible to be able to use a bootstrap dropdown button. What exactly do you mean by 'not safe'? and since the majority of the web is going mobile, they were just future proofing. Bootstrap 4, scss @import generates a different file than the original on getbootstrap.com, Split buttons with bootstrap 4 won't display properly. does not support the href or to props. I’ve installed the following packages: npm install –save bootstrap@3 npm install –save popper.js angular-popper npm install jquery –save And added the styles and scripts in … I've copied the .dropdown styles fra bootstrap.css 3.3.7 into dropdowns.less and it worked. The code below shows a button clickable but not dropping down any. How do we know that 2MASS J0523-1403 is a red dwarf? I am having trouble with my dropdown. A simple jQuery solution: $('#menu-main > li > .dropdown-toggle').click(function () { window.location = $(this).attr('href'); }); But the better solution is to replace the data-toggle attribute with data-hover. Complete Bootstrap Dropdown Reference. Why is AS Roma already qualified of the round of 32 after 4 played rounds? So your final code will be: Gm Eb Bb F. Who first called natural satellites "moons"? at least for me, all of the above did not fix the problem. To open the dropdown menu, use a button or a link with a class of.dropdown-toggle and the data-toggle="dropdown" attribute. Single button. malathip I tried with Bootstrap 4. Keyboard tab navigation to search field of material select is not working. Dropdowns are built on a third party library, Popper.js, which provides dynamic positioning and viewport detection. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. rev 2020.12.3.38123, Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Programming & related technical career opportunities, Recruit tech talent & build your employer brand, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. I’m not able to click the link that triggers the dropdown. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Bootstrap decided it was better to have it behave like this for mobile/touch device users. What is the difference among col-lg-*, col-md-* and col-sm-* in Bootstrap? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. I'm using bootstrap.css, jquery-1.11.2.min and bootstrap.js. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Its the same thing. DeepMind just announced a breakthrough in protein folding, what are the consequences? Which function is used in Jquery for dropdown ? Any help would be amazing, thanks!Training Website Home(current)CurriculumProducer SupportPersonal I Is it illegal to carry someone else's ID or credit card? By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Teams. Big porblem! # is treared as contoller name in url and hangs. No dropdown menu. I found out that at the 0.01sec after I refresh and I click on the button the dropdown menu appears. Why is the TV show "Tehran" filmed in Athens? Well organized and easy to understand Web building tutorials with lots of examples of how to use HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL, PHP, Python, Bootstrap, Java and XML. in older version all work good. What led NASA et al. Now you can optionally create