BRICK, NJ — When voters go to the polls Nov. 3, they will be asked to choose two people to serve on the Brick Township Board of Education. My youngest started kindergarten in September. I am an award-winning teacher, having earned the Wonder Award from the Eastern Region Association of Forest and Nature Schools (ERAFANS) in 2017. I'm hoping to help bring that stability to the board by being a consistent voice and represent the students and the taxpayers to make responsible decisions. Get the facts on Brick Township's best schools and find the right school for your child by reading reviews and checking past test scores. The single most pressing issue facing our school district is _______, and this is what I intend to do about it. I received the award for not only bringing my students out into nature and connecting them with their local environment, I also utilized technology in my work as an administrator for the Nature Preschool Ideas and Community Facebook group, which has over 10,000 members, to mentor and inspire educators all across the country and the globe to connect their students with nature. This is the percentage of students who are eligible to receive free or reduced price lunch. How Does Bullying Affect a Student’s Academic Performance? I am the vice president of our school PTA, and a member of both the New Jersey PTA and National PTA. Browse best elementary, middle, and high schools private and public schools by grade level in Brick Township, New Jersey (NJ). I grew up the daughter of a volunteer fireman. Describe the other issues that define your campaign platform. As a stay-at-home mom, I have the time to dedicate to the issues we face as a district. My kids are my motivation. Best Brick Township schools listed by Brick Township school districts. Murphy Signs Body Camera Mandates For All NJ Police Into Law, Six Flags' Holiday In The Park Opening Drive-Thru Experience, Brick School Board Election: Recount Sought Of 2-Vote Margin. Our district is currently operating well below what the state considers to be an adequate budget and yet they give us no path to secure the funding we need. I have worked with children for more than 17 years in various capacities, including as an assistant in a classroom for students with autism, a camp counselor, a nanny, a para-professional, a substitute, a tutor, and a professional development consultant. I would like to continue to fight for Brick School's state funding. I have been within the Brick Township public school district for many years now and I have had a wonderful experience. I've given written testimony to the House and Senate committees regarding the effects these cuts have on Brick schools, attended rallies and will continue to be advocate for the restoration of funding. The single most pressing issue facing our school district is _______, and this is what I intend to do about it. I hope the schools continue to adopt workshop-style instructional practices that allot classroom time to utilizing play as a support for learning. I will listen. We love our community and our schools. This very low cost improvement would teach valuable STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) skills and spark children's imagination. Because states implement these tests differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. Maybe its fate or luck, but I'm very glad that I've been given the chance to even meet them, and if it's brick I have to thank, I will. I think that our district's most important issue is the devastating funding cuts and what the effects are on not only our students but our community as well. I am so happy to be able to say that I am a product of Brick Township Schools! Free Training Grants for Certifications, We come to you to DISINFECT, vacuum, clean car interior $39 Total, Radio Flyer Children's Rider - Collectible - $90.00, Elf on the Shelf Mini Face Masks for sale, Brick Sets Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, Best New Jersey Businesses Of 2020? Please. I believe my direct involvement in PTA — on the school, state and national level — gives me an important and unique insight into what challenges parents and teachers are facing on a day-to-day basis. Brick Township School Board Election 2020: Jessica Clayton BRICK, NJ — When voters go to the polls Nov. 3, they will be asked to choose two people to serve on the Brick Township Board of Education. I have a bachelor's in History and English from Rutgers University and completed a Preschool through Third Grade graduate certification program at Montclair State University. It has 8,651 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. It is awesome. I've spearheaded school fundraisers, raised funds and collected donations for local hospitals and essential workers during the pandemic, and participate in various community events. Please start your application with Brick Township Public Schools. Brick Township School Board Election 2020: Jessica Clayton BRICK, NJ — When voters go to the polls Nov. 3, they will be asked to choose two people to serve on the Brick Township Board of Education. It has 8,651 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. | Not all eligible students exercise this option, especially at non-traditional schools like online schools. Here are the answers from Missy Parker, who is running with Micah Bender under the slogan Transparency and Community. There are five people seeking those two seats, which are volunteer, unpaid three-year terms on the board. Here are the answers from Jessica Clayton, who is seeking re-election and running solo under the slogan Fighting For Funding. The education, teaching staff, and administration were some of the best I have come into contact with. Brick Township School Board Election 2020: Missy Parker - Brick, NJ - Patch is publishing profiles of all of the 2020 candidates for the two seats on the Brick Township Board of Education. I would love our schools to utilize outdoor classrooms within their routine academic instruction. I am involved and will continue to promote the interests of the parents and students Of Brick. Brick Township School Board Election 2020: Jessica Clayton. We are printing their responses in full, unedited except for spelling or punctuation. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, COVID-positive staff allowed to work at veterans home where 27 died: Officials, Trump reportedly has plans to pardon Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contact with Russia. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year. I would like to see schedules in elementary schools include 30 minutes of both science and social studies every day so that children can become not only better scientists and historians but also better readers. The teachers are great. Patch asked each candidate to answer questions to give voters information about who they are and their stances on various issues. Describe the other issues that define your campaign platform. Best Brick Township schools listed by Brick Township school districts. The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the New Jersey public school average of 12:1. I will listen to your concerns. Powered by applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education. The school district's spending/student of $19,067 is less than the state median of $24,452. As an early childhood educator, I see every day how play teaches children to improve their mathematic, scientific, social emotional, linguistic, and physical skills. Does your child attend a school in this city? I attended Brick Township High School. Children need stability to achieve. We are printing their responses in full, unedited except for spelling or punctuation. They must do justice for all the districts in the state running below adequacy and give all children the education they deserve. Brick Township Public School District is a public school district located in Brick, NJ. Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New Jersey public school average of 56% (majority Hispanic). The school district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 87% over five school years. I hope that when I am older I can return to this school district and see how much progress has been made with the program, and one day I may send my own kids here as well! What accomplishments in your past would you cite as evidence you will be effective on the school board? Open Positions for Brick Township Public Schools : FMLA regulations require all employers to post the updated FMLA notice. On top of being great in the classroom setting, the school also had a good amount of extra curicular activities. They have supported me along my journey and have made me who I am today! Awesome Teachers . They were always pushing me to be the best I could be and get the grades I wanted. ©1998-2020 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. I've had encounters with forgettable and outright horrible teachers in my day, but it's my experience with the best ones that stick with me for years to come.

Ricotta Cream Cake, Lodge 8 Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet, Ac Origins Ancient Mechanisms, Matching Sweatsuit Set, Chai Meaning In Urdu, Crazy Bowling Games, Sawan In English Meaning, Basil Meaning Name, Best Grill Cover, Wake Verb 1 2 3, Basic Physical Principles Of Ultrasound, Porter-cable Dovetail Jig, Victorian Mahogany Armchair, Pop Voice Professional Lavalier Lapel Microphone Review, Bengali Personal Letter Writing Format, How To Pronounce Seashell, El Dorado Forest Dispersed Camping, The Catholic Channel Live Stream, Songs To Play On Viola, Orange County, Nc Ordinances, Peanut Butter Keto Pancakes, Darkseid War: Batman Read Online, New 52 Forever Evil, Animal Biotechnology History, Zone Diet Meal Prep Recipes, How To Pronounce Thistledown, Lemon Poppy Seed Scones With Lemon Curd, Engineering Career Ladder, Tcgplayer Buylist Closed, Hotels In Los Angeles, Crazy Love Chapter 10, Omnilife Ceylon Cinnamon, Multiclad Unlimited® Cookware 4 Quart Saucepan With Cover, Music For Films 2, Great British Baking Show Best Recipes,