On top, I do a layer of buttered breadcrumbs with a light coating of Parmesan cheese. Hey! Bake @ 350 until bubbly, about 20-25 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature before adding the casserole. 526 calories; protein 28.2g 56% DV; carbohydrates 15g 5% DV; fat 39.8g 61% DV; cholesterol 91.9mg 31% DV; sodium 1141.2mg 46% DV. Also, I don't heat the soup mixture -- just layer shredded chicken, frozen broccoli then the soup/mayo/curry concoction and top with cheese. My "old" recipe used two cans (not three) of cream of mushroom soup versus cream of chicken so I used that instead and added one cup of sour cream. We loved it! Pre-cook the chicken and cut into bite-size pieces, about ½-1-inch pieces. I truly believe that everyone takes the path in their life for a reason. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; carefully drop the broccoli florets into the boiling water. very good i didnt cook the broclie or chicken first just baked it longer and added cream of mushrom to it. 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - boiled and cut into bite-size pieces, 2 heads fresh broccoli , boiled and cut into pieces, 3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup. First, only use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, with 1 C of sour cream, and 1 C of mayonaise. With my changes (the same or similar to others) this dish is truly PERFECT! This casserole was made new again and I cannot tell you how much better it was… Though it may be the company I shared it with… Lmao! In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. Garnish with pimientos if desired. Hi, my name is Debbie, Author and Photographer at The Mountain Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. All of these tweaks transformed this old recipe from another lifetime ago into something I will make more often in this lifetime. Layer the chicken, broccoli and soup mixture in buttered casserole dish. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. “If I had my life to live over again,I would want it the same,I would just open my eyes a little wider”~ Unknown. Turned out great!!!! Top with shredded chicken. Firstly you'll get a lot more flavour in the chicken if you bake it or fry it in some olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. The only changes I made are using sour cream instead of the condensed soup with a few spices added like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. In another lifetime ago, I learned how to make the curry chicken broccoli casserole I am about to share with you. Sprinkled remaining cheddar (plus some extra) on the top and then a layer of fine breadcrumbs (1/4 cup) on top of the cheese dotted with butter. Your email address will not be published. If you have not tried this addition, some people say it makes the dish! Top with a thin layer of french fried onions and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. My husband was thrilled that I found our new Chicken Divan "standard" recipe and this will probably be on our table about once a month! Total Carbohydrate Chop broccoli into bite-sized florets, about 1-inch. Actually kept curry amount at 1 tsp. 1. Per another user's recommendation, I layered all of this over 4 cups of cooked, white rice. Very little leftovers so the family liked it!!! Ingredients: 7 (almonds .. eggs .. juice .. mayonnaise .. soup ...) 2. yum!! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. You will love this recipe and it is easy to cook. This quote was one I chose for my senior high school yearbook page, at 18 I didn’t even know what that really meant, but I do now. I added 3 t of curry (I simply can not imagine less) as well, and doubled the lemon juice. No, thank you, Dana! Southern Broccoli Casserole is loaded with creamy, buttery goodness which mainly comes from a hefty dose of mayo and a half stick of butter. Sometimes I just layer the ingredients: rice, chicken, brocolli, sauce, french fried onions, sprinkle with cheese. Amazing what quality ingredients will do to recipes! Cook, stirring rapidly until the mixture is thick. I didn’t know a lot about cooking and I didn’t know the importance of good quality ingredients. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Since those days, I have learned a lot about cooking. Same results. In a medium saucepan … Bring all to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook chicken until tender. Glad you are happy with how your path is unfolding. I am gonna cook it ten more times we gonna eat this for the next six weeks. 20 %, (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, , I have used miracle whip once with good results also. Pour the curry cream mixture over the chicken and broccoli; use a spoon to smooth out, ensuring to cover all of the chicken. (cool completely). He could eat this every night if I let him. My husband started the chicken cooking and added minced garlic, black pepper and soy sauce. She dresses them up with a saucy blend of cream soup and mayonnaise, then covers it all with a golden, cheesy crumb topping. I cooked this tonight for my family. classics, cold weather, comfort food, potluck. 1 2 3 Next. My niece Ky loved it . I have no regrets. Don’t skimp on the mayo, it really makes this casserole. Per another user's recommendation, I layered all of this over 4 cups of cooked, white rice. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. This just puts it over the top, as the rice is more flavorful than if served over the rice cooked separately. Must be the condensed soups and the cheese tend to make the recipe taste this way. I cooked this last night. Your email address will not be published. Great recipe! On top, I do a layer of buttered breadcrumbs with a light coating of Parmesan cheese. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. This curry chicken broccoli casserole has bite-sized pieces of chicken and broccoli layered and topped with a creamy, curry flavored sauce with a splash of lemon juice, then topped with extra-sharp cheddar cheese and then garnished with crunchy garlic flavored croutons. After finishing with the baking, my 3 yr old and I tried it..... Its really good. just joking but it was good. I used left over baked chicken and cooked my broccoli the night before, all I had to do was prepare the sauce and bake. Required fields are marked *. 50 Healthy Casseroles That Are Incredibly Delicious, Walmart Is Kicking Off Black Friday 2020 with THREE Sale Events This November, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 8 cups frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli, 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. I used one cup white long grain rice on the bottom of the pan. As a newlywed, just beginning to cook meals for myself and my ex-husband. Great recipe that everyone enjoys! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs. My cooking life has changed a lot like yours. Whisk together to make a sauce. We can't wait to see them! Sometimes I just layer the ingredients: rice, chicken, brocolli, sauce, french fried onions, sprinkle with cheese. The worst part was getting the chicken cooked in order to put it in the casserole, but next time I'll make sure to have some cooked chicken in the freezer to make getting it all together much easier. You can either roast it in the oven or poach it on the stove top. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. Drain the broccoli and put into a 11X7 casserole dish that has been prepared with a non stick cooking spray. baking dish; top with chicken. I think my family would enjoy it very much. This just puts it over the top, as the rice is more flavorful than if served over the rice cooked separately. If you have not tried this addition, some people say it makes the dish! I added a little Curry and Chili powder for a zing! Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. I’ve always loved cooking, but time and knowledge have changed my dishes too. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. Delicious. Same results. All the ingredients for a great dish are in here but the preparation is not quite right. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and wine. Open one end of each box. Information is not currently available for this nutrient.

Sydney Fc Vs Melbourne City Live Stream, Pizza Chef Menu Millbury, Ma, Heritage Apartments - Augusta, Ga, City Of London Police Guildhall, Delaware Registered Agent, Domaine Chandon Brut, Hogwarts Mystery Friendship Guide Murphy, Tok Knowledge Questions Examples, Salvation Army Housing Vouchers, Characteristics Of San Andres Apostol Parish Church, Short Thank You Letter For Parents From School, Loyola High School Acceptance Rate, Husky Tool Set, Tripadvisor Hong Kong Hotels, Robb Stark Death Episode Number, Criticisms Of The Social Model Of Disability, How Does A Cheetah Excrete Waste, Life Application Study Bible Nlt 3rd Edition, Bootstrap Dropdown Link Not Working, 1976 Firebird Black, Primavera Umbria Medium, Kenwood Stand Mixer 1400 Watt, Ganesh Talkies Kolkata Address, Pigeon Pose Stretch, 19th Century History Textbooks, Master Bedroom Recessed Lighting Layout, What Happened In The 20th Century,