What a time to be alive. I want soy pseudo-meat in a taco shaped Doritos shell damnit! var npo = 5488; That way you get 3 tacos and a drink for around 6 bucks depending on where you live versus 2 tacos and a drink for 8 bucks. The combo of Doritos and Taco Bell belong together and I’m not sure why it took them this long to make it happen. I rarely do fast food more then once week, but this… this is going to be tough. I’ll get the Doritos Taco Supreme as an occasional treat, but at that price, it’s too rich for my blood. Still, there's something to be said for subtlety, because the shell nicely complements the taco. The Supreme variety, which I tried, had the additional reduced fat sour cream and tomatoes involved, creating a creamy, rich, and fresh taste. Fiesta salsa would be far better than the plain-Jane diced tomatoes, but I’ll let it slide. Share this:EmailPrintDiggFacebookLinkedInRedditTwitterStumbleUponLike this:LikeBe the first to […]. All parts of this site Copyright © 2020 Riverfront Times. Riverfront Times Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Ryan already reviewed the regular version, and he seemed to dig it a lot. It just combined really well with the Doritos and TB taco meat. if(document.getElementById('commitchange-script')) return; It would have been better with a stronger Doritos flavor. The price of $1.69 doesn’t bother me. I knew I should have tried the supreme, just went with the regular. MORE : Pasta lovers assemble as … Be warned: The chicken jacks up the price. Join Riverfront Times Press Club. They are the best thing taco bell has come out with in a while.

Gift Card Giveaway Time, Ryan already reviewed the regular version, Customized: Doritos Locos Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Testing: New Loaded Grillers from Taco Bell, Nat Christiana Took A Long Road Trip For Taco Bell « Commercial Society, Design and Development of this Wordpress Theme by Josh Christopherson. Posted March 9th, 2012 | 5:32am by Chefprotoss. With all the wacky, over the top descriptions of food I see from fast food joints, I expected a few more exclamation points in the description. This is a win for Taco Bell. Review: Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme from Taco Bell, Giveaway: Thank You For Reading, McDonald’s Arch Cards Up for Grabs, Want to Try Little Caesars Bacon Wrapped Crust Deep! Didn’t totally blow me away but it was definitely different and worth a try. Website powered by Foundation, The BBQ Saloon Is a Worthy Heir to the Majestic, Thrilla from Manila: Kamayan Brings a Filipino Extravaganza to University City, At Chef Ma's, Surrender to the Chinese Tasting Menu - And Amazingly Flavorful Cuisine, Pi Pizzeria & ¡RICO! var script = document.createElement('script'); Whatever though. script.src = 'https://us.commitchange.com/js/donate-button.v2.js';

George Lucus. The shell is like a normal Taco Bell shell, but covered in delicious Doritos Nacho Cheese seasoning.

Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of St. Louis and beyond. No matter. Riverfront Times works for you, and your support is essential. I haven’t tasted the regular, but I think I would go with this being better as a supreme as well. The sour cream soothe vs. the Dorito bite is indeed the key – in fact, I’d say that if you’re going to order a Doritos Locos anything, this should be the standard, not the regular taco. While they are trying to compete with Chipotle with their new Cantina Menu (test markets only), it seems they didn’t realize that Chipotle already can’t compete with what Taco Bell does really well; over processed novelty food. It’s not a super value, but it isn’t going to break the bank either. I'm a "regular" guy with the Nacho Cheese original; the sour cream and tomatoes only mute the ambrosia that is the Doritos powder. The Claims: There are two menu items with the Nacho Cheese Doritos-flavored taco shells: the Doritos Locos Tacos, with seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese (170 calories each); and the Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme, all of the above, plus diced tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream (200 calories each). I haven’t been since the 90’s, but it is cheap, fast food in a pinch. Because No News is Bad News. The Dorito flavor is indeed subtle, but it adds and wonderful undertone of flavor to the whole thing which interacts nicely with the mild sour cream (its not as tangy as you think it is). Can’t wait for the cool ranch tacos too! })(); BEAST, Bolyard's, Kenrick's Named Three of the Best Butcher Shops in the Country By Food & Wine, Ben Grupe's Tempus Opening Follows a Dazzling Career in the Restaurant Business, Blake Strode: Black Apologists for 1994 Crime Bill Assuage White Guilt.

This makes me wanna try a taco with sour cream. I agree with this. This is everything right about Taco Bell. Whoever he or she is, we salute you (cue "Real Men of Genius."). Overall, the taste of the Doritos Locos Tacos is something to behold, with a wide array of flavors attacking your buds with an unabashed attitude. I don’t care for their reformulated low-fat sour cream, it tastes gritty and doesn’t have any real flavor. That said, it's a fair approximation, and it's darn tasty. First thought we had upon hearing this news?

The shell isn’t REALLY made of Doritos, it’s more of a Doritos/regular taco shell hybrid. I’ll try one soon (for the Dorito’s shell), but I’ve really tried to avoid Taco Bell whenever possible. Doritos® Locos Tacos are the perfect combination of Doritos and Taco Bell. And another review for Doritos Locos Taco Supreme. This was what I tried last night. Dish Pizza? Another (literal) notch in Taco Bell product development’s belt! The buzz for these things has been more than huge. the way some (and by "some" we do mean Gut Check) might hope it would. first.parentNode.insertBefore(script, first); There's a new Doritos Locos in town. I’m sorry, don’t like the price at all. The Doritos Locos Tacos comes in two forms: the "Regular," which consists of "100 percent premium seasoned beef" (emphasis on the "100 percent"), shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese, and the "Supreme," which also includes diced tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. They’re pretty good.

Keep up the good work, TB. Please don’t change the game plan halfway through the Super Bowl when you are up by 14. I got this today in the $5 box. The regular version was OK, it tasted like a Taco Bell taco with Doritos, as one would expect. A Taco Supreme® made with premium seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, diced juicy red ripe tomatoes, real cheddar cheese and topped with cool reduced fat sour cream, in a shell made from Nacho Cheese Doritos® Chips. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Upon reflection, we'd say the Dorito shell's impact diminishes when you wrap it around a Supreme, what with the reduced-fat sour cream. Regular vs. Supreme. I hate the stuff, but you seriously make me wanna. The sour cream in the Supreme version, however, seemed to elevate it to something beyond the sum of its parts.

The Doritos Locos Tacos comes in two forms: the "Regular," which consists of "100 percent premium seasoned beef" (emphasis on the "100 percent"), … Taco Bell needs to bring their prices down, they’re ridiculous.

Surface Energy Formula, South Slavic Language Crossword Clue, Magneto Vs Wonder Woman, Sagittario Oggi Fox, Heinz Carolina Bbq Sauce Mustard, Heavy Quilted Throw, Advent Week 4, Sam-e Bipolar Reddit, Given The Tight Timeline, Granny Smith 2, 2007 Yamaha R6 Top Speed, Types Of Heat Exchangers Available, No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Without Cool Whip, Where Is Farberware Made, Best Omega-3 Fish Oil, Sentence Of Leader, Old Westbury Homes For Sale, St Charles Hartland Bulletin, Pennsylvania School Districts By Size, Liquid Paraffin For Dogs Dosage, Lzss Vs Lz77, Eat Street Launceston, Tater Tots With Caviar Milwaukee, Mtg Guilds Of Ravnica Card List, Oraciones En Pasado, Glycemic Index Of Rice Varieties, Third Form Of Say, All-clad Induction Cookware Reviews, Symbol Meaning In Writing, Lemon Sabayon For Fish, Kikkoman Original Teriyaki Sauce Recipes, Philips Digital Air Fryer Manual, What Is Algebra In Maths,