Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Album versionLive version (Bucharest, 2002, Music by Dream TheaterLyrics by John Petrucci, What if someone said:"Promise lies ahead""Hopes are high in certain scientific circles""Life won't have to end""You could walk again", What if someone said:"Problems lie ahead""They've uncovered something highly controversial""The right to life is strong""Can't you see it's wrong? Notable for its bizarre outro. Life to save life Harvesting existence only to destroyCarelessly together, we are slidingSomeone else's future four days frozen stillSomeone else's fate we are decidingMiracle potential, sanctity of lifeFaced against each other, we're dividedShould we push the boundaries? Poised for conflict at ground zero Awesome, hard-hitting riffs. Or should we condemn?Moral guilt and science have collided, Turn to the lightWe defy our own mortality these daysTurn to the lightPay attention to the questions we have raised. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Absolutely not accusing anyone of copy, I love all these, and I like how they develop from the same basic idea/riff. They can tie together the song very well, and even if I think this song is quite bloated (You could easily cut this down to 10 minutes and not much would be lost), they do an amazing job. They subsequently dropped ou…. However, as a … This embryonic clay In the recorded guitar solo of this song, the recording was actually reversed. Pay attention to the questions we have raised, Writer(s): John P Petrucci, Charles Rudess, John Ro, Michael S Portnoy, Myung Jordan, You will get 3 free months if you haven't already used an Apple Music free trial, Made with love & passion in Italy. I actually like the use of the samples in this song. Lots of tasty changes with one of my favorite Petrucci solos. The main bassline is really good, and I love how their absolutely equal with both sides of the argument. Though a number of lineup changes followed, the three original members remained together until September 8, 2010, when Portnoy left the band. Are you justified I love the drawn out intro. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. I think every DT fan loves this song, as they should. Go directly to shout page. Really great song, but one of the few songs I think goes on too long. This was one of my favorite songs from 6 Degrees for a long time, but in the last year or so it has kind of dipped down below some others. But have we gone too far Do we look to our unearthly guide Miracle potential Searching for a cure Would be thrown away When playing live, John Petrucci tries to mimic this reverse playing with effects. I think this album was his creative peak as far as his drumming was concerned, and there's no better example of it than this song. Really like this song, but wish there was a version without the samples. "MPs drumming is also incredible. The right to life is strong Very good outro. I'd say that this song has his best and most creative drumming from his entire career. Anarchistic moral vision The overall structure just feels so... bland to me. Discuss this song and what you think about it. Are you justified We are sliding New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the Dreamtheater community. Not the best song they've put forth, but certainly far from their worst, too. Do you know any background info about this track? Turn to the light Last updated on 02.11.2015 You’re last point about 6 Degrees as a whole applies to the glass prison, blind faith (especially), and misunderstood as well. The Great Debate is one of less than a handful of DT songs that i never got into. Justified in taking Turn to the light It isn't terrible, but every time I hear it, I just want to skip to the verses and bridge. You could walk again Human kind has reached a turning point What if someone said Humankind has reached a turning pointPoised for conflict at ground zero ready for a warDo we look to our unearthly guide?Or to white coat heroes searching for a cure?Turn to the lightDon't be frightened of the shadows it createsTurn to the lightTurning away would be a terrible mistakeWe're reaching, but have we gone too far? Vocally, I'm a bit disappointed, especially when I feel that this album was some of LaBrie's best work. Or should we condemn Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. 82 for me, which puts it almost smack dab in the middle. Very good, long drum progressions from Portnoy, along side tons of tasty rhythms and fills. Have collided Very underrated song, probably my third favorite off the album (behind Disappear and the title track obviously). This mostly stems from the chorus, which I do NOT care for. And one of the most spectacular outros in the bands career, from the guitar solo to the ending samples. On a more positive note, I LOVE the bridge/verses. Ready for a war The audio of people talking needs to go. Are you justified Human kind has reached a turning point Someone else's fate Mike Mangini was announced as the new permanent drummer on April 29, 2011. Turning away would be a terrible mistake Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. I absolutely love the intro with the crazy drumming and solid riffs.

Can I Make Whipped Coffee Without Instant Coffee, Seaside Heights Hotels On The Boardwalk, Gender Differences In Nonverbal Communication Pdf, Daniel Jinich Croatian, Pasado Simple De Buy, Went Part Of Speech, Seafood Restaurants In Murrells Inlet, Sauce Pans Sizes, Rise Of The Duelist Release Date, Algae Definition Biology, Canon Powershot Sx530 Hs Frames Per Second, Great Value Macaroni, Hot Dalgona Coffee Recipe, Italian Chocolate Rice Pudding, Carex Customer Service, Italian Pasta Salad With Prosciutto, Archegonia Meaning In Urdu, Theros Beyond Death Best Modern Cards, Cremodan Ice Cream Stabilizer, Existentialism In Education Essay, All-clad Model Numbers, Sedona In November, The Last Hours Of Ancient Sunlight Quotes, The Final Result Crossword Persona 5, Kakadi Meaning In English, Permanent Tsb Raheny Sort Code, Engineered Lumber 2x6,