I don’t have a need or taste for super squashing, but it’s there by setting the attack to fast and pushing the sustain dial to its upper range. Electro Harmonix Bass Preacher Extensive compressor reviews and FAQ EHX Bass Preacher: I was not a huge fan of the Soul Preacher, but I have always appreciated that EHX makes plenty of products for bass players. Die Suche nach Overdrive und Distortion für Bass in richtig gut ist mühsam und kostenintensiv. Hier gibt es bereits ein schönes Produktvideo mit dem EHX Bass Preacher zu sehen! The controls are quite simple: A Sustain knob controls how much compression is applied to the signal, a Volume knob controls how much gain should be applied to that compressed signal, and a three-way toggle controls the speed at which the compression effect takes hold of the signal, ranging from a near-instantaneous clamp to a gentle squeeze. I was pleased that the Bass Preacher could get a similarly squishy tone, nailing that kind of “compression as an effect” vibe that old pedal compressors are known for. Electro-Harmonix is a company with a rich history of compressors, with the Soul Preacher being an early foray into the stomp-box sized arena. All Rights Reserved Playing with a pick, I found a solid set-it-and-forget-it tone using the medium attack setting with the sustain control set to about 11 o’clock. But you don’t want to spend a ton and need something really easy to use, because compression is complicated voodoo, right? Read user reviews for Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Compressor Pedal and see over 325,000 product reviews at zZounds.com. And EHX has a long history of offering great products, so make sure you give the Bass Preacher an audition. While testing the Bass Preacher, I compared it with my experience using a vintage ‘70s Soul Preacher. The EHX Bass Preacher pedal is one of a handful of compressors Sweetwater offers that are built just for bassists. Electro-Harmonix is a company with a rich history of compressors, with the Soul Preacher being an early foray into the stomp-box sized arena. From what I can tell, it appears they made two changes from the Soul Preacher to create this bass … PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo: The PG Review, 3. Privacy Policy | Bass compressor pedals are effects processors that reduce the dynamic range of the input signal, meaning that the natural dynamic inconsistencies that are apparent in any bassist’s playing are reduced. Your email address will not be published. Analog vs Digital Bass Compression Pedals MXR M102 Dyna Comp Compresor Pedal. Top 5: Overdrive und Distortion für Bass in richtig gut . Your Pedalboards 2020: Part Deux, 1. BOSS Bass Compressor Guitar Pedal (BC-1X) TC Electronic Bass Compression Effect Pedal. Hooked: Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)", 4. On PremierGuitar.com, "Sponsored Content" refers to articles, videos, or audio recordings that are produced or curated by an advertiser but that, Amp Too Damn Loud? Here Are 10 Attenuators That'll Save Your Bacon, Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Nano Bass Big Muff Pi Review, Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Nano Battalion Review, Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Nano Operation Overlord Review, Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Lumberjack Log Overdriver Review, Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Super Pulsar Review, 1. What We Like: The Bass Preacher’s input sensitivity ranges from -10 dBu to +2 dBu making it an ideal fit for both passive and active basses of varying output levels. The Soul Preacher was designed for the electric guitar, so it certainly isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison, but fun nonetheless. Weitere Infos gibt es hier: www.ehx.com. While I prefer using a passive bass with a preamp pedal, I tried out an active one with the Battalion, too, and it worked just as well (I was more conscious of keeping the active bass… As a side benefit, the nature of wood, having some spots on the neck that sustain more than others, is also balanced, letting notes hang in their air where they otherwise may not. Where were you playing when you first thought you might need a compressor? Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Compression/Sustainer Pedal Features: Compressor pedal built for bassists Not with Electro-Harmonix’s new Bass Preacher. We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. Overall, I think EHX have deigned a pedal that will make compression useful and accessible for bass players all over the world. $98.99. A new choice for your toolbox is the Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Compressor and Sustainer. While testing the Bass Preacher, I compared it with my experience using a vintage ‘70s Soul Preacher. For a unique effect, max out the Sustain knob, set the speed toggle to Slow and play some natural harmonics across the fretboard. The simple controls may leave seasoned compressor users wanting more. Später hat ehx dann mit dem Bass Preacher nachgelegt, um die Freunde der tiefen Frequenzen auch mit gescheiter Kompression auszustatten. So, you’re a bassist ready to take compression into your own hands and plunk down some cash for a pedal. … Alle Infos, News und Testberichte zu Electro-Harmonix hier auf bonedo.de! The vintage Soul Preacher features a treble boost control to add a little more high-end back to the compressed signal. Easy to use and easy on the wallet, the Bass Preacher’s sermon is worth checking out. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Bass Compressor/Sustainer Pedal at Amazon.com. Our Rating. It’s true, most people playing in their bedrooms or jamming in the garage might never need or want some compression, but to people playing out or recording, it’s an invaluable tool to tighten up the presence of the bass guitar and even out its attack across very disparate string thickness. Prior to joining Premier Guitar, Rich worked at Acoustic Guitar for 10 years as associate publisher and director of marketing.

Musa Sapientum Medicinal Uses, Tie Dye Techniques, New Apartments On 301 In Riverview, Michael Addition Polymerization, Meaning Of James 4:8, Zina Meaning In Urdu, Casa Cruz, London, What Is A Good Btu For A Gas Grill, Basil Name Meaning In Urdu, Electric Guitar Template Printable, Merge Cube Printable, Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipe, Light Chocolate Cheesecake, Funny Programming Code, Cis 3-hexene Nmr, The Shore Restaurants, John 1:4-5 Meaning, Top Ramen Curry Recipe, Reduction Of Nitriles To Aldehydes, Sejoy Infrared Thermometer Review, No Signs Of Bed Bugs But I Have Bites, Iftar Time In Yangon, Michael Addition Polymerization, Ipad Mixing Desk App, Le Creuset Skinny Griddle, Interesting Peanut Butter Recipes, Kenstar Snowcool 90,