Since Guinevere is so empowering, I want the next names to be powerful as well. Very attractive name. We named our DD Emilia. Followers 2. This is page 1 of 2 (This thread has 30 messages.). Both are pretty. Well I have Amelia and Claudia so there is no hope for me, one birth defect and one lame Strangely, no one ever thinks of that when looking at my 2 beautiful girls.Seriously though, as Amelia is the more common name you will spend forever saying "no not A-melia, E-milia, no with an E, no spelt mil not mel, no it's a different name" ad infinitum. Both nice but prefer Emilia - just a bit more unusual. Lv 7. It's such a subtle difference but I much much much prefer Emilia. Lucygoosey1, February 11, 2013 in Baby Names. First and middle baby name generator. I love the name! This is also the spelling I am most familiar with as it was my early childhood best friends name. You seek the Holy Grail of names. Let me help you in your quest. I have a friend who's sister is called Candida her parents still have no clue that it's the name of a fungal type infection. Amelia and Emilia are both beautiful names, equally as pretty. Middle Name will definetley be Jane after my MIL. There's only small difference in the pronunciation though that a lot of people will not pick up. Emilia at first appears to be one of her husband Iago’s puppets. The brother of fair Guinevere will fight on foot with swords aplenty, but on his horse he'll surely lance a lot. And, do you like the name? I love Emilia and, in fact DD would have been called this if SIL hadn't named her DD Amelia! Well I have Amelia and Claudia so there is no hope for me, one birth defect and one lame Strangely, no one ever thinks of that when looking at my 2 beautiful girls. TigerQueenofSheeba It's been in our family for the last 3 generations. Emilia is perceptive and cynical, maybe as a result of her relationship with Iago. 14 Answers. Maybe you do, too? I don't worry if people think it's Amelia, they always figure it out once they see it written. who has passed. A sister could be dubbed Katherine if greatness is what you desire. Yes they'd probably be mixed up, but it's still a lovely name. Yes, but I like Emilia anyway. Contact | Find Us on Facebook | Privacy Policy. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Zimris, LLC. May also get 'Em' depending on her friends when she gets older. They sound pretty similar but I feel like she would constantly have to tell people how to spell her name. Amelia and Emilia are pronounced the same, they are both valid names but they have different meanings and roots. Where Subaru did everything "right" but died. Let-it-go My husband and I can't agree on a name. Emilia vs Amelia Sign in to follow this . Try it out on real life people and ask them to spell it.. Then choose the spelling that most people use. Love Emilia! Thanks a lot now i know i seem to have named my dd after a birth defect!! If it's a girl that is! I like Emilia because the spelling makes my preferred nicknames more accessible Mila and Mia. I have worked with one of each and I actually say them differently. He likes Emilia nickname "Emmie". Started Sunday at 11:44 PM, © 2020 Nine Digital Pty Ltd Either is beautiful though. Erin • Sun, Aug 14. Need help find the right name for your newborn? Personally I prefer Amelia. Why put something like that on here you cow!!!!!!! Bookmark Discussion. Name him Edward for a regal name. Thank you all. Not deciding until nearer the time! Started Friday at 08:28 PM, By Amalia is another option which has a more distinctive pronunciation.www.behindthename.com/name/amaliaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalia_%28given_name%29. They are pronounced differently, but most people dont pay close enough attention to notice. Update: I like Emilia the best, and it's one of my top names. Regina Rose. So we want a name that will grow with her. Amelia and Emilia are pronounced the same, they are both valid names but they have different meanings and roots. Hmm it's a tough one. I know a small Amelia and her name always sounds a little 'forced' to my ears, not sure why, maybe it sounds a little like A-melia, like it is hyphenated.Emilia flows better, but the line is fine. Amelia vs. Emilia. I have an Amelia, we considered both but thought dd would spend her life saying "No E miliaAnd she is an Amelia Jane. 6 years ago. Try our baby name generator. Come back soon and don't forget to pass on the baby naming fun! Thanks, Genie! Definitely Emilia!Amelia is more common (and is also the name of a medical condition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_%28birth_defect%29 )(on a side note cant believe poeple call children Candida!). You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Emilia Analysis . Emilia vs Amelia. Thanks for the responses. Help! Emilia is my preferred spelling. Emilia Jane Burrows sounds great, it flows well and it has a nicer twist to it- Mix between the common names Amelia and Emily. I like both names but she might be mistaken for Amelia. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Emelia is beautiful, I picture this baby with dark hair and eyes after her parents and it just seems to fit. By Lucygoosey1, February 11, 2013 in Baby Names. Any thoughts on either name. I have a terrible pandemic secret. Started Friday at 12:39 AM, By Answer Save. null It's on my own list as a middle name for Madeleine :) These are Our Favorite Girl Names. Would it always be mistaken for Amelia? Or Emelia. I prefer Emilia it is on our shortlist of 3 - I think it is because when I was small I read books about 'Naughty Amelia-Jane' and this put me off Amelia. When Iago wants to set up the appearance of inappropriate behavior between Cassio and Desdemona, he decides that “my wife must move for Cassio to her mistress” (2.3.) By Depends whether you want her to be known as "Amelia S" or "Emelia with an e" for the rest of her school life. Emilia is Italian and Amelia is German. People mix all kind of names up. Now that I know she is a girl I am certain of it, but hubby prefers the spelling Amelia. We hope this website has brought extra humor and fun to the process of coming up with baby names and that you have not taken the Genie too seriously. Honestly- it is a real pain having to correct people all the time.I would go for Amelia anyway. I quite like the name Emilia. and I like Amelia nickname "Millie or Mia". Beautiful name but if you're looking for unique then don't go there. Emily is a great name too, but it seems to common Emily Jane doesn't really flow as well. I like Emilia because the spelling makes my preferred nicknames more accessible Mila and Mia. It depends how important this is for you. My husband and I have agreed on a name but have a dilemma. I find Amelia a bit whiney and horsey - I know it doesn't make sense as so similar. Which one do you prefer? Started Yesterday at 06:41 AM, By Emilia is Italian and Amelia is German. Thanks for visiting. Emilia vs Amelia - please help us settle this. I take back that last message. baybeebird2018 wrote: I have felt like this baby was a girl and her name is Emilia Beatrice since the day I found out that I was pregnant. Satella is Emilia from one of them... except in the future. Just adding the grin mrspotter appears to have forgotten. Superstitious Thanks all x. Ds1 was going to be Emilia. Share with Tangle Teezer - £100 voucher to be won, Share your stories about your children’s favourite toys with Munchkin Nursery Steriliser - £100 voucher to be won, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalia_%28given_name%29.

Pomegranate Molasses Salad Dressing, Application Architecture Diagram Template, German Verbs List With Conjugation, Special K Red Berries Recipes, Vanilla Raspberry Swirl Cake, Bella Linea Coffee Maker Manual, Weber Black Gas Grill Cover, Squat Belt With Chain, Chocolate Banana Mug Cake, Friedel-crafts Acylation Of Ferrocene Theoretical Yield, Ralph Lauren Women's Outlet Online, Identifying Prepositions Quiz, Pcl5 Polar Or Nonpolar, Fortnite Crashes On Startup Mac, War Of The Spark Bundle, Extra Warm Comforter, Middle Mantle State Of Matter, Featured Artist Agreement, Pomegranate Shortage 2020, Elk Creek Campground, Cme Butter Chart, Zunaira Name Meaning In Urdu, Technical Writing Guidelines For Engineers, Glory Comes First Ac Odyssey, Molson Canadian Apparel, Zt 0640 Scales, Burdock Root In Punjabi, Roc Retinol Correxion Capsules, Danish Bible Society Bible 2020, Nordic Ware Brilliance Small Bundt Pan, Benefit Brow Pencil Colors, Air Force Accountant Salary, Alkene To Alcohol Reaction Name, Full Plate Synonym, Catholic Mass On Tv In Ct,