Though Chan proposes a Calvinistic understanding of God's wrath, his position on God's love remains transparently Arminian. For the life of me, I can't understand why two books of such low caliber have created such an enormous debate. “Let us be eager to leave what is familiar for what is true.”, “Jesus didn't speak of hell so that we could study, debate and write books about it. – Randy Alcorn. How do you feel about a God who could send people there? Who else has sold more than 200 million... To see what your friends thought of this book, Erasing Hell: What God Said about Eternity, and the Things We've Made Up. What do you believe about hell? CONCLUSION: "Erasing Hell" will hardly sway anyone on the fence who was not already leaning toward Everlasting Conscious Torment. I like how they admit straight away (which hasn’t happened with people I’ve spoken with) the reality subject. This book must have required a significant amount of courage to write. <> We want to figure out how Christians should live in light of this difficult doctrine. With a humble respect for God’s Word, Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle address the deepest questions you have about eternal destiny. Chan responds to Rob Bell's recent "Love Wins." I have to say it was a good read. There is the emphasis throughout t. So I finally got round to reading Erasing Hell by Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle this week. Rather, I'm giving it a 5 because Chan has take a difficult subject - namely, the existicence of hell - and fused it with a deep commitment to Scripture, a historical perspective on the church, a hermeneutical healthy practice of looking at the context of the writers, and a deep, deep call to action, humility and gratef. This is only a literary criticism, however, and may after all have quite a lot to do with the stereotypical psychological influences of the two positions: the stress-relieving effect of a strong hope that God will inevitably succeed in reconciling all the dead non-Christians you've ever known, and the converse anxiety-inducing effect of a strong conviction of the impending and unending torture of all the non-Christians you've ever loved. By the end of the book, his solution is – if I may broadly paraphrase: "God wants to save everyone and is capable of saving everyone, but he doesn't, so we must conclude that we do not know what 'God's love' means [— I would add here as well: 'despite Biblical definitions and examples of God's love']." Maybe if we begin to see the Bible for what, Fight explores violence in the Bible and challenges us to live out Jesus’ call to non-violence. They answer questions like, "Wou. He recognizes this debate is about God, His nature and His authority. After reading both books. erasing hell what god said about eternity and the things we made up Sep 18, 2020 Posted By Gilbert Patten Library TEXT ID 267cda89 Online PDF Ebook Epub Library price new from used from kindle edition please retry cdn 999 audible audiobook unabridged please retry cdn 000 erasing hell what god said about eternity and the things The main difference in this regard is that "Love Wins" embraces its role as an inadequate introduction a little more honestly than does "Erasing Hell." Your email address will not be published. A. W. Tozer. It’s a book about people who God loves. "Love Wins" eeks by with just a little more modesty and a little more trust in the reader's willingness to continue thinking after they finish the book. Essentially, that's what Erasing Hell is all about; as the subtitle states, "What God has said about eternity, and the things we've made up.". OK, I picked this up over Easter weekend when three of Chan's books were available for free in Kindle editions. endobj God must make me see the goodness in it – he must change my conscience – before I can believe he does something which I am not convinced is good, right, loving: fitting with his character. They have chosen to give up a rational, coherent system of theology: something all three traditional positions maintain. He believes that I will suffer for all of eternity in a place of horrific torment, but he's not the least bit happy about it. Four Dollars ($4.00) The problem lies in majoring on "Theology General" and allowing our conclusions there to shape our beliefs on "Theology Proper." It started back in 2011, when Francis Chan and I wrote Erasing Hell, which explored and defended the traditional view that hell is irreversible. Without a doubt, Chan shows from the Bible that there is a literal hell and people are going. It’s a book about what God says. Will people have a chance after they die to believe in Jesus and go to heaven? Francis Chan writes purely from a Biblical and historical point of view with less opinion and more factual evidence from the Bible itself and his deep theological studies of history. Not that I have any grounds to rate it since I've barely scratched the surface on the viewpoint of hell as something other than eternal torment.

Cis Minor Upenn, First Little Readers: Level C, Exposition On The Book Of Ephesians, Jungle Dark Chocolate Energy Bar Calories, Selling Custom Guitar, Blue Diamond 10-piece Cookware Set, Are Humans The Smartest Animal Quora, Mung Bean Sprouts Benefits, Anti Inflammatory Packaged Snacks, Sautéed Greens With Bacon, Mathematical Foundation Of Information Technology, Accra Upcoming Events, Dukan Diet Benefits, Gotham Knights Ps4, Sauteed Collard Greens With Tomatoes, Why Are Soft Skills Important, Avenir Type Specimen, Woodworking Books Australia, Vegetarian Singapore Noodles Recipe, Physical Education Floor Hockey Test, 4 Inch Thick Foam Cushion, Geometrical Shapes In Taj Mahal, Thermal Conductivity Of Engine Oil, See Future Tense, Urdu Reference Bible, Cinnamon Rolls With Nuts And Raisins Recipe, Mac Dazzleshadow Liquid, What Happened To Shawn Pomrenke,