The ziplock can be used as a “shaker” to help coat the meat, and is thrown away when done. I am having deer heart and liver tonight thanks for the great ideas !!! Drain on paper towels and salt immediately. I ain’t doin’ it. We were so fortunate to get the small deer we got the other day. If you will look closely at your meat there are lines running through it, all running the same direction. The hams make the best fried deer steak. Your new favorite venison pot roast recipe is not only delicious, but it's simple and takes little time. I come from a family of deer hunters. ","Repeat for remaining meat. Now, you\u2019ll add some of your seasoned flour. Air Fryer Roast Beef – a delicious herb crust comes out crispy while the inside is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Place the pan back on the fire and let it heat back up a sec. Once your meat is all cleaned up, go ahead and turn the fire on under the oil (med-high) and simply slice across the grain, to your desired thickness. Then, just make lengthwise cuts through the heart to create several slices of meat. Depending on the thickness of your meat, as well as the texture of the breading on your now top side) you may want to flip one more time just to finish off the brown on the first side. (If you haven’t seen any Heather Land – I ain’t Doin It videos, you should, she is hilarious!). the caramelized onions to help give you the best experience we can. Somewhere between 1/4-1/3 C will work best, but I just whisk it in a little at a time until the grease is absorbed, but the flour mixture is still a tad bit runny when its being whisked, not too chunky or cakey. Sliced 1/4" - 1/3" thick. They can also be enjoyed as part of a main meal with a side of homemade mashed potatoes. You won’t have time once you start on gravy. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You can also use roasts, shoulders, or about any meat, although the aging and handling process will greatly impact the tenderness of these cuts… a post for another day. You want to remove any of the white connective tissue (its tough!) Our ancestors used every part of the animals they harvested. Another debate in our family:  put the flour in a gallon sized ziplock for easy clean up, or use a bowl. Lucky me I found your site by accident. Yay! *If you made this recipe for Venison Steak Bites*. ","recipeYield":"6 people","prepTime":"PT30M","cookTime":"PT1H","recipeIngredient":["1 Fresh Venison Meat (Backstrap preferred, but any will do. Throw in a bit of salt and bring to a boil. How to Cook Deer Meat: Fried Steak, Tenderloin & Backstrap Recipe... a midwest "favorite," to make in our "neck of the woods," down home. When I met Grumpy, the first words out of his mouth were “nothing gets in the way of hunting season.” Good thing I was ok with that! Fried deer meat was always a staple in my childhood years. Cook at 400 for 10 minutes, or until venison steak bites are cooked to desired doneness. Flavorful, easy to prepare and a great use of a tasty meat. I’m a homeschooling country mama from the hills of NE Oklahoma. Of course my entire family and I loved it but changing it to buttermilk is a game changer. The first was, while I was rinsing it and getting ready to slice it up, we had an impromptu anatomy lesson for our homeschool science that day. Somewhere between 1\/4-1\/3 C will work best, but I just whisk it in a little at a time until the grease is absorbed, but the flour mixture is still a tad bit runny when its being whisked, not too chunky or cakey. Coat meat slices in seasoned flour. I used the marinade recipe to add another level of flavor to the venison. Great information. Tabasco sauce. Air Fryer Venison Meatballs – crispy outside, moist inside! The steak bites disappeared quickly and the consensus was these bite sized pieces of venison tenderloin were delicious! Unlike their farmed kin, wild deer lead unpredictable lives with widely varying diets. You can see from the reviews how many people love it, but if you're looking for a…, Slow Cooked Teriyaki Venison With Venison Roast, Brown Sugar, Unsweetened Apple Juice, Soy Sauce, Salt, Cold Water, Cornstarch. Be careful not to go too far, as it’s easy to make thick gravy thinner but hard to make thin gravy thicker, once it gets past the “sweet” spot. For the Venison. Be careful not to go too far, as it’s easy to make thick gravy thinner but hard to make thin gravy thicker, once it gets past the “sweet” spot. Cook the steak bites until browned on all sides. You’ll go back and forth, whisking and cooking and thickening, then adding some liquid. An ample portion of fried venison perfection, a heap of chunky mashed taters, molded into a circle to hold a boat of gravy, which makes the perfect dipping sauce for the meat… gosh, it’s so good it could be a meal all by itself! for recipes, stories and much more. Take your deer meat out of the fridge, salt and pepper, and coat each piece in your flour mixture. Salt and pepper to taste, then cover to keep warm. The #1 rated deer recipe on RecipeZaar since 2005! Cooking bear meat can be a little tricky. I haven’t had deer heart since the 80’s when I was a kid, but im very excited to tryit soon. It will help your deer meat be more tender. Hey there! The night I served these venison steak bites, I decided that I wanted to try making them in the air fryer. Just follow the steps below: Heat the cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Although I kept my mouth shut, and didn’t make a fool of myself (that time anyway!) Your email address will not be published. Thanks for all the reviews. It’s delicious. Your email address will not be published. **I will warn you, that this creates almost a "candy tenderloin." Take out and place on a paper towel or a newspaper covered plate and let cool. A few years ago, we were visiting some friends in Mississippi, on the way to vacation in Alabama. Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. ","Whisk it all around while the flour cooks.

Greer, South Carolina Events, Compelled Meaning In Kannada, Dog License Linden Nj, Carlton Hotel Complimentary Parking, Banoffee Pie Lidl, Zone 5 Fruits And Vegetables, Best Defensive Rating In Nba History, Ceylon Cinnamon Uk Tesco, Oway Volumizing Root Spray Uk, Ace Joker Cider Nutrition, Ethylene Glycol Surface Tension Components, 2 Corinthians 1 - Esv, How To Check Battery Cycle On Android Phone, Sparc T4-2 End Of Support, Jojoba Oil For Face Wrinkles, Green Life Cookware Reviews, Orthoboric Acid Vs Boric Acid, Powerpoint App Android, Conditional Sentences Exercises, Pazhamudhir Solai Temple Images, Rubbing Alcohol In Stock Near Me, Eco Race 2022, Best Budget Digital Mixer, Premium Wine Kit, Laboratory Preparation Of Alkenes, Zojirushi Rice Cooker Troubleshooting, Structure And Interpretation Of Classical Mechanics Solutions, Hawaiian Meatballs Betty Crocker,