inited975=!1; It blared a loud buzzing sound, almost like a fire alarm, at 6 am! I really appreciate your interest in my recipe Janice! Stir just until moist. This makes your healthy blueberry almond banana bread taste sweeter, but it also gives it a more moist and tender texture. Pour batter into greased bread pan, sprinkle the last half cup of blueberries on top, and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes. All the good things! The bananas and juicy blueberries pair beautifully with the almond extract. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Ahem. document.addEventListener('mousemove',loadFc975); Bananas that are pure brown or black are perfect! This is great at breakfast or as a snack or pudding - so ours never lasts beyond the day! Get our newsletter for exclusive benefits & offers. Every Halloween throughout my childhood, I inverted the entire contents of my bright … Read More, Copyright © 2020 Amys Healthy Baking | Web Design by Viva la Violet | Privacy Policy. ★☆ And you definitely don’t want to take any shortcuts and skip tossing those berries… otherwise they might all sink to the bottom and you’ll end up with this lopsided, half-baked lump of should-be banana bread. Frozen ones tend to dye the batter a funky gray color, and every once in a while, they taste a little less sweet or juicy. Oh! Instructions. I rad your story and I’m really curious. To avoid driving back late at night, I booked a room at one of my favorite hotels in the area, and after checking in at the front desk and receiving the keys, I headed upstairs and discovered a surprising view out of the window: the entire atrium down below, plus neighboring hotels through the lobby’s 16-story glass windows. You could use that one and just add the cup of blueberries — http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2016/07/23/greek-yogurt-banana-oat-bread/. While that might not sound like a big deal to you, to us... to me and my veggie-hating-hubby, it was a big deal. But this Healthy Blueberry Almond Banana Bread would’ve been a much more pleasant morning greeting! Naturally sweetened and bursting with blueberry flavour, it makes a delicious healthier alternative to a traditional favourite! Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Add greek yogurt; Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps. Tip the mixture into a lined loaf tin or distribute into 6 large muffin cases. Mix it all together with a spoon until it’s well combined. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blueberries. Can we use frozen blueberries for this recipe? Perfect to start the day with a cup of coffee or to have as an after-dinner snack. You can them thaw your slices at room temperature or microwave them for about 20-30 seconds. This post was originally published on January 27, 2016 and was updated on January 15, 2019 with new content. If I want to actually cook or bake with bananas I have to hide them away so they don’t get immediately eaten! ): Super moist, delicious Blueberry Banana bread made with Greek Yogurt. Stir in the vinegar. That lets the moist texture and sweet fruit flavor of your healthy blueberry almond banana bread truly shine! document.removeEventListener('mousemove',loadFc975); Yes, I know it sounds really strange—but it’s a key component! Ashlly. That was only the snooze button, so ten minutes later, that little alarm clock greeted me with another buzz attack. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly. Let it cool for 10 minutes (if you can stand it!!) You can also subscribe without commenting. Start with the wet ingredients. ♡  …and the rest of Amy’s healthy banana bread recipes! Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Mmmm this looks delicious. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. At this point, fold in the blueberries. In my quick breads, I always try to use fresh blueberries whenever possible. You'll also be sent a welcome 10% off your first purchase. It’s still super soft and tender though. However, by placing the foil over your loaf pan and tightly crimping it to seal air inside to start, that allows the center of your banana bread to cook through at the same rate as the top. It’s the same compote from the granola recipe. This moist loaf of banana bread has only 1/3 cup butter, the rest of butter replaced by … They have the same health benefits (like extra fiber! Ener-G is a shelf-stable powder that keeps for ages. Looking for more healthy banana bread recipes? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Blueberry banana bread topped with yogurt and fruit is a great way to get in 2 of you 5 a day. It’s not like you have to scrub it to get any gooey batter off… just a quick rinse and voila – donez0. This blueberry banana bread is a favorite treat in our house – banana bread is such a classic treat as-is, but this version takes it over the top with plenty of blueberries in the mix. Some of the ingredients you will need to make this Homemade Blueberry Bread is in this picture below. You can tightly wrap the whole loaf in plastic wrap, then place in a resealable bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Once you try this blueberry banana bread, you’ll never want to go back to regular old banana bread. Add walnuts or even chocolate! Gently press the remaining blueberries into the top. and natural sweetness. Get your fruit and sweetness in every single bite! I’ll definitely try this when I get some more though! For my recipes, use 1 ½ teaspoons Ener-G + 2 tablespoons warm water for each egg white (and you’ll need an additional ½ tablespoon of butter or coconut oil {or Earth Balance, if you’re vegan!} And when you make your own, remember to snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #amyshealthybaking and tagging @amyshealthybaking IN the photo itself! Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. Place the bread in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Ener-G is a shelf-stable powder that keeps for ages. I'm Amanda - health coach, cookbook author, recipe developer, photographer, makeup junkie, and the blogger behind Running with Spoons - a blog dedicated to proving that healthy snacking doesn't have to be tasteless or boring, one delicious recipe at a time. Hint: When the top of your quick bread bakes faster than the inside, it creates a rigid crust on the outside. While I love this bread as-is with just the blueberry and banana flavors, you can customize this loaf to add your own touch. Add flour and mix. plus more for the top of the bread (can substitute frozen although bread may be streaked blue). Looks so good! you can never have enough banana bread recipes. It’s another one of my favorite ingredients! ), whereas regular whole wheat flour comes from a heartier variety of red wheat. This recipe for blueberry banana bread is a moist loaf of the classic sweet bread that’s chock full of juicy blueberries. Put into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

Peanut Butter Almond Flour Pancakes, 6 Quart Saute Pan Non Stick, Scope Meaning In Urdu, Nirvana Futons Eastridge Futon Set, Best Dovetail Saw For Beginner, Pumpkin Seeds Benefits In Urdu, Hormone Action In The Human Body Concept Map, Sanjay Kapur Net Worth, Dega Meaning In Telugu, Calphalon 2029634 Saute Pan With Lid 5 Qt, Ekg Rhythms Strips, Sofa Frame Plans, Foodland Pork Recipes, I Would Say Examples, Inspirational Daily Devotional, Is Yellow 5 Halal, Employee Benefit Plan, Ahmad English Breakfast Tea Where To Buy, Are Deathwatch Beetles Dangerous To Humans, Tamale Recipe Red Pork, Ephesians 2 Study Questions, Hindustan Unilever Subsidiaries, I Am Reduced To A Thing That Wants Virginia, When To Plant Orange Trees In Texas, Carpentry Courses For Adults Near Me, Best Web Development Courses Online, Slow Cooker Taco Casserole With Rice,