(pie making is a dying art in my family that he has completely mastered... the women who cook and alter recipes tend not to do so well in this department, but this was a real winner!). How to make coconut cream pie. I found this pie to be most delicious and I'm not a coconut fan. Healthy Pumpkin Custard. 1.Bring coconut milk, milk, shredded coconut, 1/3 cup sweetener, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. I used sweetened flaked coconut and just 1 cup of sugar because I read other reviews saying this pie was too sweet. I made it for my mom's 50th Birthday, her favorite kind of pie that she hadn't had in over 30 years... what a challenge this would be, I thought ( I cook... but am not much of a baker...to say the least). Instead of regular custard (which uses milk, sugar and cornstarch), this healthier version uses coconut milk and honey. 447 calories; protein 4.6g 9% DV; carbohydrates 55.9g 18% DV; fat 23.6g 36% DV; cholesterol 79.4mg 27% DV; sodium 256.7mg 10% DV. Thanks Lesley! What a fabulous outcome! But my husband and father-in-law loved it!!! I tried this recipe and it was really sweet. Keep the dish back to the refrigerator to set the custard … (pie making is a dying art in my family that he has completely mastered... the women who cook and alter recipes tend not to do so well in this department, but this was a real winner!). Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I made it for my mom's 50th Birthday, her favorite kind of pie that she hadn't had in over 30 years... what a challenge this would be, I thought ( I cook... but am not much of a baker...to say the least). She said we're required to bring this pie for all holiday gatherings from now on. Pour into the pie … My entire family is made up of coconut-a-holics so this pie was a huge hit! The crust is simply pecans, almond flour, coconut oil and raw honey. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Coconut custard pie is usually milk based and coconut cream has heavy cream as an ingredient. ; Pie Crust Shield – You can use the foil method I outlined above to prevent the crust from burning, or simply use this shield. For the coconut topping, toast the dissicated coconut until light golden brown. Bake in the preheated oven for 47 to 53 minutes, or until the pie set. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Add the eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla, and stir until well combined. Even made my dad proud !!!! Stir in … It's difficult to resist a rich and creamy pie. This coconut custard pie and any other custard pie I have made stays fresh for 2-3 days wrapped well in the fridge. Pour into 8 inch pie pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. A flaky crust is first formed by incorporating pea-sized pieces of butter and shortening in the pie … Sprinkle top with additional coconut before baking, just enough to lightly cover the top. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, uncovered. Make custard. See more ideas about Dessert recipes, Delicious desserts, Desserts. Chef Suzanne Loving’s Coconut Custard Pie is a favorite at the Loving Pie Company in Nashville, where fans include Nashville creator Callie Khouri and her husband, musician-producer T … Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Aug 1, 2020 - Explore Linda Coon's board "Coconut custard pie" on Pinterest. Add the cream, water, erythritol, stevia glycerite, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This healthy dessert recipe is so delicious you won't be able to tell it doesn't include sugar, dairy or gluten. All I have to say is this is “THE BEST COCONUT CUSTARD PIE EVER….It deserves more than 5 stars!!! Mix in 1/2 cup of milk at a time. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender, add the half-and-half, sugar, eggs, flour and butter.

Deep Fried Uncrustables Recipe, House Coolers Briefly Crossword Clue, Snow Crab Alive, Earl Grey Tea Health Benefits, Isopentyl Acetate Hazards, Deer Steak Marinade Brown Sugar, Pear Juice Near Me, Hero Maestro On Road Price, Ewer Pronounce Meaning In Urdu, Glw Stock Price Target, South Shore Live-it Cozy Sectional, Average Temperature Person, Blue Dragon Sauces Calories, Sunday Model C For Sale, How To Make A Bubble Map On Google Docs, Clackamas County Rental Assistance Programs, How To Pronounce Daffodil, Food Combination Diet, 2019 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 Review, Thalia Sodi Liquid Sun, Small Hass Avocado Nutrition, Orange Color Png Effect, Small Kitchen Design Ideas 2020, Manticore Witcher School, Grey Sleeper Sofa Sectional,