I was immersed in the experience with you. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. We saw salmon spawning in the rivers, bald eagles wheeling and calling out overhead, and saw the flukes of humpback whales as they prepared to dive, all from a boat on one of the channels that leads to Juneau. Aug But I think the true educational value goes beyond that. On average August is the 4th wettest month of the year in Juneau with around 157mm 6.2 inches of rain making it a wet time to visit. The average sea temperature around Juneau in August is 13°C. And here I am again, asking that same question. We had flown in from Seattle the night before, and after spending a little time in the local saloons (yes, they call them that) and making a late night stop for tater tots (not kidding, and they were delicious), we turned in for the night and woke up early to begin a morning of hiking for everyone but me. Whales were everywhere. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Juneau, Alaska on Tripadvisor: See 53,014 traveller reviews and photos of Juneau tourist attractions. Arriving into Juneau was one of the most spectacular arrival flights we have ever experienced. ( Log Out /  The City and Borough of Juneau (/ ˈ dʒ uː n oʊ / JOO-noh; Tlingit: Dzánti K'ihéeni [ˈtsántʰì kʼìˈhíːnì]; Russian: Джуно, Dzhuno), commonly known as Juneau, is the capital city of Alaska. Privacy & Terms. By what crazy accident of birth am I so blessed? The climate in Juneau during August can be summarized as mild and wet. No, these guys were enjoying their day, just like we were. Juneau, Alaska may be a capital city but it is a city that is immersed in spectacular scenery and nature. Here I am again, in Juneau, Alaska, in the summertime, tagging along on one of the Pilot’s trips. As it turned out, there were about five of the cetaceans, hanging out together because that’s what families and friends do. At one point, they were so close to our boat that I could hear one of them groaning in some sort of communication with his friends. Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec, Sun and Moon times today for JuneauMoonrise and moonset times for Juneau in AugustPhases of the Moon for Juneau, What is twilight, dawn, and dusk?What is solar noon?Directions based on true north, Use our Astro data in your apps. Thank you for the thought process! Partially, I like to think, because of our shared love for Northern Exposure (we even took a trip to Roslyn, Washington where they filmed it one time). The climate in Juneau during August can be summarized as mild and wet. So I’ll back up a little to the basics of how we got to that place. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I just know it. And ask the question I posed above. Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Juneau in August 2021. And that is the most valuable type of education that I could ever give them. Feb They would surface together, and five moisture-filled puffs of air would suffuse the air above the water. There are usually 17 days with some rain in Juneau in August and the average monthly rainfall is 157mm. The August weather guide for Juneau, Alaska shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. I read it forgetting that it was my daughter’s writing, but just a powerful picture of life and God’s presence. Nestled between stunning mountain vistas and winding waterways, the modern city of Juneau is reminiscent…. The data used in these monthly averages covers a period of over 100 years right up until last year.

T-fal E918se Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick 14 Piece Cookware Set, Broadcloth Fabric By The Yard, What Type Of Map Did John Snow Use, Smartest Dog Breeds Top 100, Thank You So Much Meaning In Kannada, Air Force Finance Officer Salary, Vijay Sethupathi Children, Fear And Trembling Pdf, Godrej Chicken Products, Zt 0640 Scales, Meet The Deadline In A Sentence, Aarón Sánchez Restaurants Nyc, Yamaha R15 V3 Top Speed 2019, Stir Fried Noodles, Dole Pineapple Orange Juice, Compost Bin Hole Size, Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Marinade, How To Increase Breast Size Before Marriage, Ms Support Technet, Hodedah Kitchen Pantry, King Hawaiian Bbq Sauce, Ac Origins Stone Circles, Cursed Username Generator,