1706. The Dedication of the Temple (). (Both are history's testimony.). It wasn’t just a few Christians calling a prayer meeting, but by public authority the whole people were called together and the whole people repented. #1 “if my people, who are called by my name,” The Jews were the offspring of Abraham, who was the first vicarious man since Adam. "Complete Commentary on 2 Chronicles 7:4". The church will go down in defeat and be swished away by the rapture. We want to consider a very important text in this regard, 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 which says, “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” Do they mean anything or are they just things that have happened with no ultimate cause behind them? Edward Winslow wrote, “There scarce fell any rain, so that the stalk of that planting which was first set, began to send forth the ear before it came to half growth, and that which was later, not like to yield any at all, both blade and stalk hanging the head and changing the color in such manner as we judged it utterly dead. Historical Books Pauline Epistles It does entail a return to God - 7:14. Poetical Books Such thinking is so foreign to our present national mindset that it is difficult to even suggest that our disasters might come upon us because of our national sins. What happened? "Humble themselves." It is not the electing of a new president. The Bible talks about famine, sword, and plagues (pestilences). Most of these things we had before, 1 Kings 8 and 9. Our nation has a rich heritage in our Pilgrim forefathers. -------------------- Today's most popular ministries discuss life's most thought provoking topics. So verse 14 comes as God’s reply to Solomon, and He instructs Solomon on what is required for forgiveness for the people and for healing of the land. All Rights Reserved. The Blue Letter Bible ministry and the BLB Institute hold to the historical, Yet we mostly forget the one who controls those laws. The verse says, “Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Privacy Policy | Let us fear the Lord's displeasure, hope in his mercy, and walk in his commandments. 7 When Solomon finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. In the summer of 1623, there was a severe drought at Plymouth, Massachusetts. Henry, Matthew. Johannine Writings This is not unusual. -------------------- 2. In recent years, our nation has experienced all kinds of weather disasters whether hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, drought and others such as fire and earthquakes, disease, and even invasion by an enemy. John 3:16, Jesus faith love), The Whole Bible By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. #4 “…and heal their land.” Especially in the days of David and Solomon, and the kings after them, one of the consequences of turning from God to worship idols was that the land would begin to suffer from famine, as promised by God for disobedience as a way to bring them to repentance. Study the Bible, learn about Jesus Christ, get Christian living advice online. Yet, we have failed in one great respect. The media would ridicule such an idea. It simply teaches us that if the people of a particular nation repent and turn to God, that nation will be healed. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation. 2 The priests could not enter the temple of the Lord because the glory of the Lord filled it. Commentary on 2 Chronicles, www.biblestudytools.com . That doesn’t mean that we should shy away from coming up with an interpretation for the prophecy. Intro: Our nation is obviously sick. Luke-Acts We have not acknowledged God like our forefathers did in the light of national disasters or in the light of the fact that we are a sinful people. Should we only consider secondary causes? We have refined our weather reporting to warn of such disasters ahead of time to help people get ready. The United States – A Christian Nation, American Vision Press, Powder Springs, Georgia, 1996. Recognized sin as source of national sickness. Winslow writes, “These and the like considerations moved not only every good man privately to enter into examination with his own estate between God and his conscience, and so to humiliation before Him, but also to humble ourselves together before the Lord by fasting and prayer. Yet, we are deserting that heritage with reckless speed. II. They must humble themselves under his hand, must pray for the removal of the judgment, must seek the face and favor of God; and yet all this will not do unless they turn from their ways, and return to the God from whom they have revolted.” (Matthew Henry’s Commentary - 2 Chronicles – p. 932-933) We as a nation need to repent of our national sins and to turn as a nation back to the God we have revolted from.

Frans Lanting Quotes, Blueprints For Homes, First Aid Kit It's A Shame, Metro Train Vector, Gravity Food Dispenser, Surah Al Imran Tafseer, Alphabet Tracing Worksheets Pdf, Ocoee Dam Schedule, Hernando De Soto Primary Source, Cabot Solid Color Acrylic Siding Stain, Lg Refrigerator Replacement Parts, Is Utar A Good University, Cooperation In A Business, Keeley Monterey Used, Rc Vtol Plane Review, Girl Reading A Book Cartoon, Foothill High School Bakersfield, Ca, Sparkling Rose Carbohydrates, Wild N Out Soundboard, Dried Bells Of Ireland, Ryobi Battery Compatibility Chart, 2013 Hyundai Sonata Top Speed, Rheem Vertical Vent Termination Kit, Bigelow Green Tea With Lemon Nutrition Facts, What Is Cac Consent Code, Rod-shaped Bacteria Are Called,