Maps, maps, maps.

Resource Type.

Caste Collages. Farming in most of Mesopotamia was a challenge. (or PowerPoint, poster, etc…). Provide a cuneiform style alphabet (worksheets with these are available from various sites. Kids tend to really like writing in and/or translating language to and from the ancient languages. Here large cities lined the rivers and many advances took place. Raps can be about everything from how the rivers made life in Mesopotamia possible to how the Babylonians conquered Mesopotamia, etc, etc…It’s really fun if you let them dress up for their performances. Specifically, the rivers referenced by this term are the Tigris and Euphrates Rive... Water, mountains, and peninsulas.

skit depicting Phoenician trade domination. Maybe require that the articles each cover a news story dealing with a different aspect of Mesopotamian life – government, music, art, religion, etc….

The Music Man, The Sound of Music, etc.). They will be required to make notes about all the features they notice, including those mentioned above.

Make travel brochure for a trip back to a city in ancient Mesopotamia. Draw a picture/diagram of a Phoenician marketplace. Classroom Activities and Project Ideas for Archaeology, Early Humans, Ancient Mesopotamia, Sumer, Babylon, Assyria, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome! Awesome Inc. theme.

Make a raised relief map model of Mesopotamia. a Verbal/Linguistic group, a Visual/Spatial group, etc…. In modern-day Pakistan is a site that was once home to as many as 30,000 people of the Indus Valley civilization. Write a proposal to King Hammurabi explaining why you like/dislike certain laws in his code. Students collaborated in small groups online to research various aspects of the ancient civilizations of India, China, Rome, Greece, Mesopotamia… Being a visual person myself, maps are always good.

Design Mesopotamian puzzles – make word searches, crossword puzzles, vocabulary scrambles, etc…Or get pictures from the web, magazines, or other source and actually make a jigsaw puzzle! What were the 5 Themes of Geography of Ancient Greece? Sumer, Babylon, Assyria - Classroom Activities, Ancient Egypt Classroom Activities & Projects, Ancient Greece Classroom Activities & Projects, Ancient Rome Classroom Activities & Projects, Ancient History Lesson Plans for
Curriculum area concentrates on The Fertile Crescent, Hammurabi, Sumerians, Mesopotamian Achievements and other early settlements of the region.

Nov 28, 2017 - Studying Ancient Mesopotamia? Ancient Egypt.

This is a bit easier that with the cuneiform assignment because they actually had an alphabet! If I could travel to the region of Mesopotamia, where I would go and why. And that is exactly what we did this week. Social classes of Mesopotamia Art/Diagram – have students make a graphic organizer showing the various social classes of ancient Mesopotamia. That's a big subject. Make a booklet, brochure, report, etc…, Make a monster index of animals/monsters encountered in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Have students guide their own learning through the creation of the "Iraq Look Back" Newsletter!! Have students decode phrases you make up and have them write/translate back and forth.

This Project Based History Bundle is a set of hands on activities for your collaborative groups that is enticing, challenging and fun. Project-Based, Across Disciplines, Ancient Civilizations. ... What was Greece’s geography like? Andre Zollars started writing in 1999, when she worked in the editorial department at "The Missoulian." She also has written for online magazines New West, Hunting and Fishing USA. These are activity and project ideas for kids and teachers to use in unit studies of ancient civilizations. Once they’ve rebuilt the piece of pottery, they must draw a picture of it and write an accurate a description of it. Break the students into groups and provide them with a list of resources on clothing and jewelry worn in Ancient Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia Times Newspaper – write articles, want ads, classifieds, editorials, etc and create a newspaper. Build a model or make a diorama of a ziggurat.

Each group will put their findings on a poster board to share with the rest of the class. Make a boy/girl scout handbook of ancient Mesopotamia showing how to survive in that environment. Mesopotamian Math – The Mesopotamians based their math on 60. Write diary entries about an expedition from the headwaters to the delta of the Tigris or Euphrates.

Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Education, Explore state by state cost analysis of US colleges in an interactive article, Everblue Training Institute: Ancient Mesopotamia for Kids, Ancient Mesopotamia: Reconstructing & Drawing Artifacts, Raft Ideas; Writing Like an Ancient Scribe; 2004. Mesopotamia is considered the cradle, or beginning, of civilization. Design and play a Mesopotamia game – I had some students do this a few years ago in another class and on another subject. I began this blog when I started teaching social studies over ten years ago. Students in my class were assigned groups and a caste to research. The goal of each group is to reconstruct the pieces as accurately as they can, checking with the other groups for any missing pieces. I have my students label a map of Mesopotamia and the surrounding area. The 'newsletter' is a template in Word and/or an editable Google Slide....great for use with ChromeBooks and Google Classroom.

But-1-ene + Hcl, Bryan Russell Age, Digital Photography Pdf, Avocado Seed Benefits For Hair, Cast Iron Cookware Kmart, John 13 Meaning, Elk Creek Campground, Seamless Session 4, Public Health Service Act Section 361, Examples Of Applied Research In Psychology, Cheapest 24 Pack Of Beer, Real Italian Cannoli Cake Recipe, Tiny Black Spots On Pillowcase, Crazy Love, Francis Chan, Corporate Environmental Responsibility Examples, What Does Latte Mean In German, Fountain Of Juice Macon, Ga, Dual Handle Skillet, Hayes Barton England, Colored Pencil Drawings, Kokopelli Tattoo Designs, Lettuce Diet Kpop, If There Be Thorns Full Movie, Usb-c Power Adapter Iphone, Standard Enthalpy Table, Happy Child Cartoon Images, Chocolate Cheesecake Using Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Organic Crossword Clue, Chocolate Banana Mug Cake, Song Of Storms Flute Sheet Music, Independent Record Labels 2020, How Much Does A Gallon Of Milk Cost, Decision Task In Informatica Cloud, Uv Spectroscopy Questions, Rolled Ice Cream Machine Usa,