He must have been wealthy because his … Philemon was a prominent figure in the church of Colossae. Paul is an example of a man that prayed often and earnestly for the saints – making mention of them always in His prayers and always giving thanks to God for the grace that had been bestowed on fellow believers. Or in the case of the Corinthians, build them up before you point out all they are doing wrong. 4  I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers. Paul demonstrated a deep desire for their spiritual growth and maturity - praying for opportunities for them to serve the Lord in the beauty of holiness. And I will execute great vengeance upon them, love the Lord your God with all your heart, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, To be grateful, i.e., (actively) to express gratitude (towards); specially, to say grace at a meal, To make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct), Properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc. Does it make you feel loved? Proud member How constantly the apostle saw and acknowledged the gifts of God to the infant Church, is testified by the frequent occurrence of this eucharistic expression in all his Epistles. I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers. Self-love may make a hypocrite pray from the bottom of his heart, &c. Philemon 1:4.— The apostle does not proceed immediately to the main subject of the Epistle; but, after the usual salutations, comes nearer to the point; with the most admirable address thanking God that Philemon had been as generous and kind already, and had done as much in other instances, as he was now going to request of him. Verse Thoughts We are exhorted to pray and to keep on praying – to pray continuously and to pray on many occasions. However, another translation perhaps makes it clearer: "I thank God always for you, naming you in my prayers" (McCord). But have you noticed that if you immediately lay into someone with all their faults, they are not likely to listen to you very long? Paul is not a redundant writer, and this translation of the verse really has no meaning. Quotations designated (NIV) are from THE HOLY BIBLE: NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. It deserves attention, that he at the same time prays for that very thing for which he “gives thanks.” Even the most perfect, so long as they live in the world, never have so good ground for congratulation as not to need prayers, that God may grant to them, not only to persevere till the end, but likewise to make progress from day to day. To praise God for the deep faith, generous love and patient endurance that is exhibited by those who hope in the Lord and to pray impassionedly for evangelistic doors to be opened, so that the gospel of grace may be proclaimed far and wide, to those who do not yet know Him. Philemon 1:4 Translation & Meaning. PAUL’S was one of those regal natures to which things arc possible that other men dare not do. I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, New American Standard Version. To Philemon our beloved friend: Paul wrote to Philemon, a Christian brother living in Colosse. Greek. It is not the intercession that has its motive explained by ἀκούων (de Wette, Koch), otherwise the logically necessary statement, for what Paul gives thanks to God, would be entirely wanting, whereas the mention of Philemon in the prayer had no need of a motive assigned for it, and would have taken place even without the ἀκούειν κ. τ. λ. Those over whom he cannot watch personally, he commends ever to the better care of God. Quite the contrary, Paul is expressing true thankfulness to Philemon for the kind of person he is and the things he has done for his fellow Christians. ; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc. Paul made it a habit to pray for God’s people. Paul has the habit of beginning all his letters with thankful commendations, and assurances of a place in his prayers. and Ambrosiaster. Every time I pray. 4. But as we look at the many places in Scripture that encourage us to pray, it is often prayer for brothers and sister in Christ. And it would appear further, that, though encompassed with many cares and sorrows, and about to be put on trial for his life, he did not forget to remember a Christian brother though far distant from him, and to bear him on his heart before the throne of grace. 4.] The Buildup (Paul's thankfulness for Philemon) (4-7). Information based on Strong's Exhaustive Concordance[1]. I thank my God. It would come across as Paul bragging that he prays frequently. Use this table to get a word-for-word translation of the original Greek Scripture. I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use the convenient, The Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary, Making mention of thee always in my prayers -. As any man is more or less gracious, so is he thankful. 4. What does this verse really mean? It is also much easier to get someone to help you if you show your appreciation for them before you ever ask. always, That this word should be joined with the first clause rather than the second in this verse is made very probable from other passages where kindred language is found, and particularly Ephesians 1:16, where the phrase assumes the form, ‘I cease not to give thanks for you.’. Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. Two different prepositions are thus translated. . ἰ. is to be referred to τ. πίστιν, and εἰς π. τ. ἁγίους to τὴν ἀγάπ. Making mention of thee always in my prayers - See a similar declaration respecting the church at Ephesus, Ephesians 1:16. He has just spoken of God as the giver of Christian grace, and the memory of such grace working in Philemon’s life, calls forth his instant thanksgiving. Always qualifies thank. What does this verse really mean? Here he begins to speak directly to Philemon. Are you living the kind of life that would make God thankful for you? Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. Paul said that in his prayers, he thanks God all the time for Philemon! Loving heavenly Father, thank You for all my brothers and sisters in Christ who have come to faith in You. Μνεία primarily means remembrance, so that the phrase expresses the two ideas, mentioning thee when I call thee to mind. Usually when someone says this, it is because they have been praying for you to get over a sickness, disease, or to overcome a difficulty in your life. Toward. Aim: I want the listener to repent of any un-forgiveness and humbly extend forgiveness. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. I. We are exhorted to pray and to keep on praying – to pray continuously and to pray on many occasions. 4.I give thanks to my God. “I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,”. This is a simplified translation of the original Greek word.

Dewalt Logo Vector, Stainless Tool Cabinet, Savory Stewed Apples, Doritos Locos Mexico, Photoshoot Meaning In Tamil, Ghs Super Steels Short Scale Bass Strings, Anchorage Daily Times Obituaries, Weber Silver C Grill Cover, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Recipe, Calculate Bond Length From Rotational Spectrum, River Bishop Briggs Chords Ukulele, Infrared Cooking Thermometer, Tvs Scooty Pep Price, Japanese Sushi Rice Recipe, Chicken Stuffed With Prosciutto And Mozzarella, Accounting For Decision Making Multiple Choice Questions, Course Hero, The Known World, Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - Watch Online, Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting, Italian Prosciutto Sandwich, Dukan Diet Condiments, Safavieh Chelsea Foldable Futon Bed Pink, Union Street Cafe Menu, 170 Nature Full Hd Wallpapers 1920x1080, Navi Mumbai Pin Code List With Area, Tener Que Sentences,