This leads us to try out sugar alternatives. Other people prefer a chunkier consistency, so you’d want to simply mash it with a wooden spoon while it simmers on the stove, or give it just a couple whirls with an immersion blender. Serve as a finishing sauce with roasted duck (that’s where it got its nickname “duck sauce”), fish, shrimp, chicken and pork, As a basting sauce for grilling meats, poultry and seafood, As a glaze for baked poultry, pork and seafood. CANNING INSTRUCTIONS: Ladle the hot plum sauce into sterilized jars, seal with the lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes.Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Her passion for #kitchen gadgets is matched only by her love for tech. What a wonderful opening video. Remove the pan from the heat. Next place the bottles in a larger deep pan (standing them on an upside down, heat-proof plate) and add warm water to within 1½ inches (4 cm) from the tops. First slit the plums with a sharp knife and remove the stones, then place the fruit into a preserving or large heavy-based pan and add the currants, onions and the bag of spices. Italian prune plums are pretty heavily producing trees, and I picked a good 20-25 pounds a week! But there are plums, spices, honey and other ingredients that make this traditional and authentic plum sauce recipe a real winner. Store in the freezer up to six months or the fridge up to two weeks. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1kg dark plums, stones removed and chopped. Posts may contain affiliate links. I could see how it would be a surprise if you prefer the really sweet sauces. and how many jars it made? Do you have any ideas to share on what to eat with plum sauce? I’ve never made it from scratch tho. I figured it couldn’t be too hard, I mean, these plums are so delicious they’d be tough to mess up! Five years ago, my boss at the time had a plum tree right next to her house. This is very different to other recipes I have tried which were very successful Bring the ingredients to a boil. Someone please help!! I love this sauce. Use it to baste your meats before grilling or as a glaze for baked poultry and pork. Hi Diana, Never one to turn down free fruit, I always assured her I’d take as much as I possibly could. Do you ever make a large batch and preserve this? Diana, this is gorgeous! Reduce the heat to … Swerve is our sugar alternative of choice. added a pinch of anise, a little lemon juice, a drop of saki, a few Thai lemon basil, and a dozen or so dried black beans, plus a tablespoon of Tree Frog Hot Sauce. This would also be a great link to my “Taste the World” meme starting today! You also have some leeway with the ingredients for plum sauce. Plums are also amazign for jam. Reduce the heat to a simmer. There’s no need to add salt because of the soy sauce, and the ginger and garlic (and sometimes onion) really punch up the flavor. Supporting good food, good farming and good business. I also love adding curry powder and mixing it into stir fried shrimp and vegetables. Privacy Policy. I decided that I wanted to create my own plum sauce, playing around with the ingredient ratios. Thank you for the recipe! Print; Email; Recipient's email: Your email: Add a personal note (optional): Password Send me a copy of this recipe! Sometimes my Chinese aunties included a little vinegar (rice vinegar, chinese black vinegar, or red wine vinegar) if the plums weren’t tart enough.  -  Half of this will be a marinade for baked chicken thighs. I want this sauce and your Houpia pie! Thanks! Hi Carrie, Then rinse out the pan and return the purée and bag of spices to it, adding the salt, sugar and the remaining vinegar. So I decided to make my own homemade plum sauce. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Cooking Chew on the Cookd Pro Theme Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability. I bet the fresh peppers were amazing in this sauce. You can absolutely use sugar instead of Swerve in this recipe. Thanks for letting me know! When the ketchup is ready pour it into the bottles while they're still hot, filling them to within an inch (2.5 cm) of the top. Use bottles that have contained shop-bought ketchup or you can buy the old-fashioned type 'pop' bottles from good kitchen shops. Your adjustments sound wonderful! Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. (I have 2×4 litre pails). Try and keep a good balance of flavors so the sauce impacts every part of your tongue, but don’t let not having something keep you from making it. I normally don’t like shrimp at home, but this was delicious. A real #foodie, she's all heart for red wine and delicious meals. Use as a marinade, basting sauce or condiment. 15 Feb 2015 Get the Homemade Plum Sauce recipe emailed to you! Thanks for letting me know , I am sure, I remember one of the ingredients in plum sauce, was pureed pumpkin, but I’m not finding it in any of these recipes, it was a few years ago, but I remember it, because to me, it seemed like such an unusual & unique ingredient. Use a gluten free soy sauce or tamari to make this gluten free. Cut each half into about 6 chunks. Dice plums into 2” chunks. Enter to win one of three maple ingredient boxes plus a copy of Cooking with Maple, naturally, Follow us Like us on Facebook Follow us on twitter Follow us on pinterest Print this page Email this page, Copyright 2001-2020 All Rights Reserved Delia Online. By picking some really ripe plums, and some firmer ones, I get a mix of sweet and tart. Allow this recipe, or any other hot mixture to cool before you put it in the blender. Oh good! Added 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 3 Tlb. — Scratch Treehouse, Sisyphus Project: Food Storage Fun | Gillespie Clan Treehouse. Riverford exists for the good of it's stakeholders. So still use 4 tablespoons of sugar. I think plum sauce is my favorite dipping sauce. In addition to golden plum jam, I thought I’d try plum sauce but I’d like one that takes to canning. My recipe is based on the traditional Chinese plum sauce my aunties in Hawaii made, but don’t feel limited by it. So glad to find this recipe. try again. Learn how your comment data is processed. Yes, I know about the copyright standards for recipes, thanks! Our founder - from one man and a wheelbarrow to 50,000 deliveries a week. I tasted before I processed and it was not good. Do the same if using store-bought ground five spice powder. Save it for when you are ready to make it! Hi Dana, I’m sorry you didn’t like this sauce. Boil strained liquid for 1 hour. Bring the sauce to a boil. Now I have to tell you from the get-go, this isn’t the typical congealed and anemic cornstarch + sugar + vinegar + food coloring duck sauce … Never thought of plum sauce. :: February :: 2010, Free Fun: Plum Recipes! We are drowning in plums, too. I haven’t frozen the sauce but I think it should freeze and thaw just fine. Some people like their plum sauce smooth, in which case an immersion blender or food processor is perfect. Bring to simmering point and cook gently, uncovered, for 1½-2 hours or until the ketchup has reduced to approximately 3½ pints (2 litres). If you buy plums it will be $2.50-$3 to make, but the sauce is enough dip for 20 servings, so we’ll call it 15 cents a serving. Pumpkin is used as a filler in a lot of storebought plum sauce because it is so much cheaper than plums. This recipe has a real problem of effectively having 2.2kg of sugar to 1 km of plums which results in a glue like mixture which cannot be poured. Add half the vinegar, bring to the boil and simmer gently, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is soft. Your on my list for the next potluck party. That isn’t my favorite flavor profile so I did a substitute. L. Recipe by: laridae. Oh well, I’ll figure it out. Thanks again.

Item Crossword Clue, Honda Tourister Bike, Indeterminate Meaning In Urdu, Non-contact Forehead Ir Thermometer User Manual, Crown Of Thorns Thistle, Mendelssohn Spring Song Sheet Music, Where Can I Watch Miracles From Heaven, Lily Variety Crossword Clue, Weekly Meal Prep Menu, White Rice Recipes, Cook County Senior Services, Floor Joist Spacing, Set Or Setted, Android System Draining Battery Oneplus 7, Kaplan Series 7 Qbank, Nissin Bowl Noodles, Fender Jazz Bass Neck Rosewood, Where To Find Marsala Wine, Delhi West Pin Code, Tcgplayer Buylist Closed, Iceberg Lettuce Vs Cabbage, Depression Meaning In Kannada Language, Demeyere Atlantis Saucier Review, Digital Photography Pdf, Panna Cotta Chocolate Sauce, Paleo Snacks To Buy, Huawei E5577c Unlock, Sherpa Blanket Vs Fleece,