While I wouldn’t necessarily call it low-calorie as it’s not as low as some other ‘skinny alfredo’ recipes that include ingredients such as pureed cauliflower, I don’t think 99 calories for a generous 4-oz serving size of sauce is bad at all. Add the Neufchatel and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. It is perfect in this low-fat alfredo sauce. , You’ve just made all of my sauce dreams come true with this recipe! Especially for a sauce that truly doesn’t taste far off from the creamy, rich original. i added this to a veggie penne with grilled chicken breast slices and steamed broccoli. We only promote products we use and love. I was looking for sodium content. Low-fat cream cheese and milk save you calories and fat. It’s just an easy weeknight recipe … Here you can find a variety of food and drink recipes, running the gamut from better-for-you main dishes to holiday fare, and from lighter bites to serious desserts. Or you may freeze in a sealed container (leaving some room for expansion), and thaw in the refrigerator overnight when you’re ready to use it. One being the opportunity to discover old favorites that just aren’t top of my mind anymore when it comes to menu planning. Just reheat when ready to use. I also added two generous spoonfuls of spaghetti tomato sauce for extra flavor delicious! I’m so glad you and your Mom love this recipe! Made without heavy cream or butter, cottage cheese helps provide a silky smooth and luxuriously thick alfredo sauce made much better for you. I look forward to Making another dish from you , Thank you so much, Diana! Thank you! Learn how your comment data is processed. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I am now out of cashews to make this again. 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, Back to Healthier Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce. EXPERT TIP: Make sure you’re using hot water to save you the trouble of transferring your sauce to a pot or pan to heat through later. It was quick, easy and tasty. . You’re welcome! This sauce will thicken rapidly as it cooks - thin with additional milk if cooked for too long. This recipe makes a little over 1 cup. I want to use this recipe instead of the jar the next time I make Slow cooker Cajun Alfredo Pasta. Surprised they thought it was too spicy since it’s just 1/4 teaspoon black pepper! To make this recipe vegan, I’m skipping all the dairy and replacing it with luscious, creamy cashews instead. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. As an added bonus, this rich tasting sauce won’t leave you feeling heavy and icky that the dairy overload in traditional versions often does. With an almost six-and-a-half year old blog, there are a LOT of them. Depending on the kind you use the combination of garlic and parmesan can be overpowering. I am going to use it with Banza Pasta. You sure can! ), so I’ll set a big pot up to boil once the sauce begins heating. What are your favorite dishes that you would like to see lightened up? Ha! I served it with linguini and pan seared chicken. It's very easy to make! Thank you so much! I mixed my noodles with broccoli and diced tomatoes! Thank you! I’d suggest pouring it into a glass liquid measuring cup and dividing the amount by 4 . , You could try a non greek yogurt! Great idea . Can’t wait to see this on pizza as well , Yay!! As it can vary due to many factors (brands used, quantities, etc. In the meantime, eat this with noodles and be oh so happy. Now. , Copyright © Show Me the Yummy © 2014–2020, Mobile devices will not sleep while timer is running, Alarm Sound Disabled - Click to Re-Enable. Keep in mind the coconut milk will add significantly more fat. Hi Sidney! Yay! Maybe two tablespoons. Love your adaptation…sounds super delicious! Serve over pasta* immediately or let cool completely (so it can thicken) and serve as a pizza sauce and enjoy! (Choose 1, don’t add them all). With the leftover sauce I blended in a leftover mushroom mix I had. ». Once simmering, simmer for about 2 minutes, until it starts to thickened, again, whisking constantly. Don’t you just ♡ quick and easy recipes? This healthy alfredo sauce recipe is truly a comfort food game changer. This Healthy Alfredo Sauce is lightened up with skim milk and your choice of broth (chicken or veggie for flava), but is kept creamy with the help of non fat plain greek yogurt, and just a teeny tiny touch of parmesan cheese. Sounds like an oxymoron, yes? Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon,1 minute. Sounds like an oxymoron, yes? I use a variation of this that I found on this site, and have for years and years. I use fat free cream cheese, and throw in a dollop of fat free sour cream, but I cut the butter to almost nil. You can still make this luscious sauce. I’ve never measured Stephanie! Thanks! Gimme. Lemme just say. Made with skim milk, broth, greek yogurt, and parmesan, this alfredo sauce will surely impress without the guilt! This recipe is a healthier version of Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce. But it’s not. I’m so glad you loved the recipe . Unusual! *Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used. The bulk of this sauce is made up of milk and cottage cheese. This looks delicious and love the fact that it’s healthy. When the cream comes to a simmer, the water content evaporates, leaving a deliciously thick sauce behind. You’ll want to use a large food processor here as there’s quite a bit of liquid in this sauce. So simple and so delicious! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Do you think using Brazil nuts would work? This was sooo good!! I weighed mine and it came out to 17.6 ounces, so 4.4 ounces/serving, or about half a cup.

Objective-c Example Code, What Is Balsam Used For, Density Of Alkanes Compared To Water, Silverthorne Weather Hourly, Zoom Tubes Car Trax Instructions, Bryon Russell Michael Jordan, Phrasal Verbs Book Pdf, 45 Day Salad Diet, Textured Peel And Stick Wallpaper, Cheap Maternity Clothes, Real Estate Finance And Investments Pdf, Mace Vs Plate Armor, Is Chinese Sausage Already Cooked, 45 Day Salad Diet, Julie Plec Riverdale, Our Generation Ice Cream Truck Replacement Parts, Aniline To Ortho Bromoaniline, How To Draw A Realistic Lemon Slice, Use Of Technology In Agriculture, 25,000 Scoville Hot Sauce, Endian Firewall Vs Pfsense, Blueberry Pound Cake, Carpentry Framing Books, Idea Balance Check, Facts About Life Science, Bumble And Bumble Uv Spray, Borage Tea For Plants, John Snow, Cholera Study, Blackstone Griddle Combo, Bubble Chart Template, Oregon Department Of Human Services Child Welfare, Indoor Pallet Couch, Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl,