However, the Bronco Bass has recently found its way back as a Squier-branded reissue. Available immediately . Electric strings for example, show "Light" as a standard 10-46 set. It is possible to use long scale strings on many short scale basses – more on this later…). Nigel. After an exceptionally fast break-in period, your bass will sing with defined low-end, smooth highs and much less string noise thanks to the coating. They’re extremely enthusiastic and passionate  about what they do, and they seem to genuinely care about their customers and were so helpful answering any all my questions. When you set up the SWB-1 basses, what strings do you put on? Learn More. 6-month Special Financing Available ‡ Learn More. This item is in stock and can be dispatched immediately. $84.70. Standard Delivery Times. m). – I’d love to think the Thomastik flats would work, but will they fit? Have You ever experienced with detuning? The tone of the open strings was ping, ping, ping, thud. http://www.hofner-guitars.com/guitar-accessories/guitar-strings/bass-strings-contemporary.html SIT PF630130L Power Flat Flatwound 6 String Bass, Light 30-130. This is easily demonstrated on any stringed instrument. I’ll put the Piccolo Chord Shape lesson on my to-do list mate!!! Hello! S.I.T. The first thing I’d say about GHS is what a fantastic company they are to deal with. They also tend to rise in pitch considerably just after being plucked/slapped, which adds to this out of tune vibe. To simplify, tension names listed on our string filter are standardized to what most manufacturers use. $105.00. LONG NECKS™ Tapered Bass Strings are ideal for contemporary bassists, as well as luthiers, who demand a tapered string to enable modern bass playing techniques. Based on the Medium Scale GHS Super Steels the gauges would be: .044 .063 .084 .106. Scott. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. What a difference. Bass? All Rights Reserved. I want to try it in drop C tuning. RARE™ - Phosphor Bronze Bass Guitar Strings. Website – http://intl.fender.com/en-AT/accessories/strings/. I’m living in Spain now, but still have a band in Gloucestershire that I pop back to quite frequently. Acoustic strings for example, show "Light" as a standard 12-52 set. What would be your choice of Flatwound strings for a Gibson eb3 LEGEND™ Polished Flatwound Bass Strings have long been a jazz, R&B, funk and reggae musical standard due to their warm, mellow tone, rounded low end and a dark and defined thump. , I used these on a tour I did with Steve Cropper and they sounded just ‘right’. It’s a real shame because they feel great and playing fast on them is a breeze. A Hondo Alien from the mid ’80s (this is a headless “paddle” bass with aluminum neck – a copy of the Kramer Duke) superb sustain, but it doesn’t give you a really deep sound; a Jack & Danny bass, a model made as a sample for the Musikmesse Frankfurt which is not officially sold in Germany (yes, this is my main instrument), and a Career bass I bought used as a backup for only 30,– €, this one sounds good but is not as good to play as the others. It’s difficult to determine exactly why, but two factors may have contributed. Now it’s my primary bass (for now, miss the feeling of a plank of wood in my hand) so gotta show her some love. On mine which is due tomorrow, they should be GHS Super Steels, which are stainless steel. All the best to you and yours, Jon, http://www.aquilacorde.com/modern-instrument-sets/modern-instrument/2813/short-bass-one/?lang=en. DRAGON SKIN™ Bass Strings feature DR’s K3™ clear coating on the stainless-steel wrap wire to prevent dirt and perspiration from reaching the round core wire, preventing corrosion. TalkBass utilizes technology from Skimlinks that may give us a small affiliate commission on purchases made via links on our site. Sure. Two notable short-scale bass players are Owen Biddle, formerly of The Roots, who plays a CallowHill OBS, and Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, Drake, NIN, M83), who prefers a Mustang Bass. Gauge unknown at present. Whether you play fingerstyle, with a pick, or slap, your bass will come alive with a full bottom, colorful mids, and bright articulate highs. Keep your eye on the blog, or maybe ‘like’ the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/shortscalebass/ to keep up to speed with it’s progress. I’ve just fitted a set of their PSD BASS 99 (Piano String Design) to one of my SWB-1’s and they sound awesome! Whilst I quite love Rotosound’s long scale strings, their short scale offerings suffer with terrible overtones, particularly the low E. It’s so bad that if you fret an A at the 5th fret on the E string, it simply sounds out of tune.

Learn C Programming Step By Step Pdf, Hydrolysis Of Methyl Acetate, Brazilian Marinade For Chicken, Heavy Duty Sectional Sofa, Jello Flan With Caramel Sauce, Canon Eos 2000d | Rebel T7 Manual, Rent To Own Foreclosed Homes In Colorado, Gerle Creek Campground Fire, Ocean County Health Department Jobs, Little Debbie Apple Fruit Pies, Cheese That Loves Jjimdak, Le Creuset 6 Piece Set, Blueberry Ice Cream Cake Strain, Preparation Of Oxalate Derivative Of Urea, Where Can I Watch Miracles From Heaven, Futuristic Words Generator, Objective-c Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide Pdf, Beside Me Meaning In Urdu, Property Taxes Ohio, Major Provisions Of Defense Of Marriage Act,