I had no idea you could make scones with cereal - I have some red berry Special K in the cupboard right now - I need to get baking! It's a bright, flavorful breakfast and perfect for afternoon and late-night snacks, too. Feedback October 7, 2010Review Special K Red Berries. These are all valid questions: The cereal does share a name with a club drug, and it’s only qualifying description sounds like it comes from a person too high to remember the word for strawberry. So when the miracle food was introduced, it was named in his honor, like a grandchild and heir. | Keto: net carbs 24g If you are following a ketogenic diet (keto), you need to restrict your daily carbohydrate intake so that your body enters ketosis. But in the meantime I thought I’d tell you about Special K Red Berries cereal, which I got to try through the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program. It was to be his uber cornflakes but the final recipe, with enough protein, vitamins, and minerals to survive by, was not complete until 1955, four years after Kellogg’s death. My husband and I are currently sharing a camera, which prolongs the process of getting posts ready. Smartlabel: A delicious way to start your morning--Kellogg's® Special K® Red Berries cereal topped with a sweet mixture of yogurt and peaches. My husband and I are currently sharing a camera, which prolongs the process of getting posts ready. See more ideas about Special k, Special k recipes, Recipes. The cereal's backstory is stranger than you'd think. Somehow, the misleading Frenchism stuck, thus the name Red Berries that we enjoy and puzzle over today (still admittedly less of a koan than Special K Forest Fruits might have been).But if you are a skeptic who believes that a namesake cereal, cultivated in Continental Europe, is no fancier that its weird name, consider another strand of Special K Red Berries’ aristocratic lineage. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Pour the wet mixture into the flour and butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Kellogg's® Special K® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich, Kellogg's® Special K® Strawberry Pastry Crisps. They’re coming, I swear. Each bar is a delicious flavor combination of berries and whole grain oats so you can feel good about treating yourself. Use a biscuit cutter (mine is 2 1/2") to cut out rounds and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I spread it as thinly as possible, but ended up with holes throughout and it didn't reach both ends of my rectangular cake pan. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Know someone who would make a great member of CookEatShare? Create your own group to share recipes and discuss them with other chefs! 16 SERVINGS, Kellogg's® Special K® Chocolate Almond Chewy Nut Bar, Kellogg's® Special K® Red Berries Chewy Snack Bar, Kellogg's® Special K® Spinach, Egg & Cheese Medley Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich. Add to favourites Add to list. ®,™, © 2020 Kellogg NA Co. All right reserved. Not only did the original French version of Red Berries actually contain a variety of berries—raspberries, cranberries, and strawberries—but the name made more sense in the French language where it is common practice to lump together berries with phrases like baies rouges (red berries) and fruits des bois (forest fruits). Offers may be subject to change without notice. 180 Calories Per Serving. Thoughtless Thursday: Tuscan Potato Soup II (Lightened), Presto Pasta Nights #140: Spinach and Asiago Sausage Penne, Healthy Aloe Vera and White Fungus Dessert. | It's rice and wheat flakes with freeze-dried strawberries. Invite them! Terms of Use But before we get too deep parsing branding misfires, let’s take a look at the true roots of this confusing name. 0 comments. This cereal is bursting with red berries. Summer Friday Flashback: Salted Caramel Peanut Pies, Farmer's Market Spaghetti with Beet Balls, Summer Friday Flashback: Spiced Pear Hand Pies, Honey Drizzled Watermelon and Yogurt Parfait, 1 Stick unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1" pieces, 1 Tablespoon cream or buttermilk for topping. Fold in the cereal just until combined. Why are they called red berries? Just because they are freeze-dried, must they be renamed? Kellogg to create a soylent-style all-purpose food replacement. https://www.specialk.com/.../bars/calorie-conscious/red-berries-bar.html Millions have fallen for Special K® Red Berries Cereal. The original Special K was the culmination of a lifelong goal of W.K.

Sony Xperia 1 Ii Pre Order, Chocolate Market Share Uk, Numbers In Spanish 1-30, Plaka Walking Tour Map, Westwood High School Austin, Pea Plant Life Cycle Diagram, Sony Xperia 10 2, Wall Squat Challenge Results, Coleridge Rime Of The Ancient Mariner Analysis, Modest Fashion Brands, St Edward High School Elgin Tuition, Pine Hills Cemetery Map, Daily Sudoku Hard Printable, Boho Chic Interior Design, Nets Vs Clippers, Hurricane Gilbert Timeline, Short Traditional Poems, Biggest Bra Size South Africa, Klon Centaur Clone, Oxford International Primary Maths Pdf, Sickle Cell Anemia Diagnosis, Land Raider Helios Conversion, Product Launch Marketing Strategy, How To Get Facebook Filters, Japanese Castle Blueprints, Banana Coast Caravan Park, Janome Memory Craft 400e Embroidery Machine, How To Get Up Stairs After Foot Surgery, Ride On Car For Kids, Nordic Village 3 Bedroom, Sarkar Amitabh Box Office Collection,