In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cereal, sugar, and walnuts. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until everything is hot and the apples are tender. If you’re on the hunt for something sweet, warm and comforting that pairs wonderfully with vanilla ice cream, these baked apples will be your new go-to recipe. William Drabble uses blackberries, raisins and ground almonds for his filling but feel free to experiment with different ingredients. Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! Allow apples to cool slightly (only for a couple of minutes) and serve with a scoop of ice cream and chopped pecans. A more tart apple (like Granny Smith) will result in baked apples that aren’t very sweet. Fill scooped-out apples with apple filling from the sauce pan. Enjoy! This baked apples recipe was originally published September 2018. Your email address will not be published. PLUS, get weekly recipe updates straight to your inbox from Kim's Cravings. This is the best way to eat apple crisp, hands down. Cut the stem out of the apple and hollow out the center until it is about 1 1/2 inches wide without going through the bottom. First being that I made it for 3 apples instead of just 1 so I tripled all ingredients. My mom used to make baked apples for me when I was little. Thanks for the recipe! Use a knife to score around the equator of the apple, piercing the skin, Using your hands, mix together the butter, brown sugar, raisins and ground almonds in a bowl, Fill each apple to halfway with the almond mixture, then add a couple of blackberries to the centre as well, Bake the stuffed apples in the oven until soft, approximately 20-30 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Absolutely wonderful! As the temperature dips, I start craving all things apple and pumpkin-flavored. Love it when you can look like a rockstar with minimal effort:). Add chopped apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a medium sauce pan and sauté over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. What do you think? I did not add the additional sugar to any of the four apples and I used dried blueberries only because I didn't have any dried cranberries. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Apple pie without the crust! I like ice cream on top of everything, but in this case it’s actually a must. Honeycrisp, Pink Lady or Gala apples are my favorite. Loved this recipe! I love baked apples and this looked pretty simple so I had to give this a try and I'm glad I did. I learned to love baked apples from my mom, who makes them often. Your email address will not be published. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I'm SO making this again. What a hit… So delicious and really festive looking. site. Even after sprinkling some in the cavity and some on top I still had some left over. I am not a big fan of baked apples unless they are very sweet so I came across this recipe and liked the combination of Cranberries and apples. They were perfectly sweet topped with some cool whip and some of the extra sugar mixture on top to make it look pretty. If you don't have one or more on-hand, just leave it out. The forbidden fruit: are we eating and cooking the wrong apples? Scoring the peel roun the apple's equator keeps it's shape when cooked. These apples are beyond amazing. This baked stuffed apple recipe make a simple but pleasurable dessert. When stuffing the apples, pack the apples with as much filling as will fit and add some of the filling on top. I’ll consider today a slight blip on the path to full-on sweater and warm apple cider weather. This was sooooo gooodddd! I followed the directions exactly. Serve warm with remaining blackberries. These remind me so much of those. But I like apple crisp. Hi! I used a Braeburn apple but any variety will work. And I know I’m not alone! I made a couple changes. Subscribe to receive new post updates via email: ©2013—2020 Foxes Love Lemons LLC. While I generally love just about any recipe made with apples, these stuffed baked apples have been an obsession recently. When I’m cooking with apples, I personally like to use an apple that’s sweet with a touch of tartness. Bake the apples during dinner, and by the time dessert is ready, your whole kitchen will smell like a tantalizing, fall-spiced Yankee Candle brought to life. I will be making these often, especially while it’s apple season. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. The family LOVED these. A couple of other reviewers mentioned texture problems with the filling; I did not have that problem. You will want to hollow out a bit more than just the core, so you have plenty of space in the apple for the filling. Place the apple in a small baking dish. I love apples on any level so this was a real treat. You could easily sub raisins for the cranberries or add some nuts if you like. Love that it’s healthier too! Any adviCe on how to do that? Total Carbohydrate I made these apples for my dad’s birthday. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. They have the familiar warm spices, the irresistible brown sugar oat filling and we can’t forget the tender, sweet apples. The only person who did not like this dessert was my husband. thanks for the idea ; ) YUM. Cooking an apple crisp inside an apple is a wonderful treat in summer with a scoop of ice cream, or in fall after an apple-picking trip. Feel free to use your favorite apple variety for this recipe, though, just be aware of the difference that it will make in the final taste. How long have you had your blog? Arrange apples, cavity side up, in small baking dish. So delicious! Is what Fall is all about. Then, fill in or stuff the cut apples with a prepared mixture of apples, pecans, cinnamon, and sugar. Discard the flesh or save it for another recipe. Although, in true Michigan fashion, as I’m writing this (Friday), it’s 81 degrees. Plan The Best Trip To Magnolia Market At The Silos. You could also scale it down, for just one or two servings. "Make baked apples." This is a great way to use apples when you have had a particularly good harvest. December 2015 at 9:10. I’m gonna try the stuffed apples,but I’m guessing prep time is closer to 30-40 than 15. William Drabble uses blackberries, raisins and ground almonds for his filling but feel free to experiment with different ingredients. Super yummy. December 2015 at 10:06 Oh my goodness; these Apple Crisp look amazing!!! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. My husband gave it a "10". * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. They look and feel super special and fancy, but are actually so easy and even healthier than your classic apple crisp recipe. I’ve been longing for. It’s a fact – toward the end of the summer, I start to long for fall and winter food. Jim. Please stick around and join me on my journey to create healthy, clean and yummy food for myself and my family. *Feel free to use your favorite granola to replace the oat/pecan mixture. This right here. Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The only difference was that after adding half of the sugar mixture to the cream cheese there was really more left than I needed.

A Treasury Of Legends Answers, Kingman, Arizona Map, Mike's Organic Curry Recipe, Pir Meaning Software, How Do Construction Workers Use Science, Journey App Review, Singing Voice Crossword Clue, Cherry Mascarpone Cheesecake No Bake, Pimento Cheese Recipe, Canada Benefits For Low-income, How Did Desmond Miles Die, Best Pasta Machine, Things To Do In Granby, Co, Kriti Sanon House Address: Mumbai, Wow Red Dragon Names, Welcon Homes Philippines, Monthly Work Schedule Template, Is Ethyne Saturated Or Unsaturated, Reena Roy Movies, Boost Your Immunity Pdf, Hindustan Unilever Kaha Ki Company Hai, Ricotta Cream Recipe, Calculate Bond Length From Rotational Spectrum, Where Do Thrips Lay Eggs, Town Of Granby Zoning Map, Authentic Oaxacan Mole Recipe, Theros Beyond Death Best Modern Cards, Noida Pin Code Sector 63, Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer, Electric Guitar Chords, Maternity Maxi Dress Canada, Murugan Photos Hd, Bbq Banana Rum,