Naked is how I like my feet to look. If you do not already know, I’m a street food junkie (yes, undeniably sinful but oh-so satisfying) and Bangkok, Thailand is easily one of the best street-food cities in Southeast Asia. Moo Grob (หมูกรอบ) is Crispy Deep Fried Pork Belly that is usually served as the meat ingredient in one of several different Thai dishes. Food is something I live to eat (alot). Set aside. You should cut it into small pieces as needed so it stays moist inside. Make the dipping sauce by adding all the ingredients in a small bowl (except the toasted rice powder) and mix well. 4 tbsp tempura flour (I’m using Korean frying mix flour) Depending on how much meat you are doing at one time, boil enough water to easily cover it, adding 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar for each quart of water. Once it was done cooking, I plated it up and, along with a bowl of jasmine rice, dinner was ready. However, it's so good that some people will just eat it all by itself or with one of our dipping sauces for meat. A simple way to turn pork belly into a delicious, golden brown and crispy snack. SiamSizzles.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, Deep Fried Crispy Pork Belly (Thai Style), Can’t Find The Ingredients At Your Local Store? Make the dipping sauce by adding all the ingredients in a small bowl (except the toasted rice powder) and mix well. Planning to open a Thai restaurant? Just want to make a great Thai meal? Thai Stir Fried Pork Belly. This time you'll notice that they immediately get puffed up and the skin gets crackly like deep fried pork skins. Cut pork belly into about 7-inch long and 1-inch thick pieces. Heat some oil in a pan deep enough so you can completely submerge the pieces of pork belly when frying. All Rights Reserved, { Hi Ivy, not at the moment but I will work on it. When it's done, the meat will still be very firm, and just a little of the fat will have been cooked away. Now, the mere thought of deep frying is enough to put off many health Nazis, not to mention the choice of cut used as well. Place pork belly in a shallow tray and pour marinade all over, rub to distribute evenly. 1 ½ tbsp juice from fresh lime Step 1: Wash the pork belly, and place in a large mixing bowl, Step 2: Pierce the fat side of the pork belly with a sharp knife to allow the marinade to be absorbed, Step 3: Add the fish sauce, egg, pepper, chicken stock, and tempura flour into the bowl with the pork and mix everything together, Step 4: Ensure pork is thoroughly coated in the marinade, and leave for about 30 minutes, Step 5: Heat a saucepan of oil (or just use a deep fryer) and fry the pork until golden brown and crispy (about 10 minutes depending on size of the pork), Step 6: Cut the pork into strips, and serve with sticky rice or as a side dish/snack. Mix pork belly and salt together. 1 tsp white pepper You can easily make your own Moo Grob at home, and you'll need to make it up first before your try our recipes for Pad Kaphrao Moo Grob, Pad Kana Moo Grob, or Pad Phrik Pao Moo Grob. Knives are rarely used when eating Thai food. 4 cups cooking oil (I’m using rice bran), Dipping sauce: Of course, in a healthy diet, all foods are okay in moderation. Ingredients: Watch our popular lessons on YouTube or follow us and we'll teach you everything you need to know! Remove and drain on paper towel for 5 minutes before slicing into bite size pieces. Our YouTube Channel features videos produced by Worawut and the team at. Don't let the oil get too hot. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience while using our website.Learn More, Currently rated:  Rated 4.5 Stars from 1939 reader reviews. Place pork belly skin side down into a large pot and pour enough of vegetable oil to completely submerge … I’m a self-taught/Food Network-taught cook. © 2013 - 2020. It should have several layers of nice pink meat and just a little fat below the outside skin. looking forward to more recipes from... } –, { Do you have a recipe for the dry version please ? } 1 pound (450g) pork belly A food recipe blog that makes sense. Fry for about 2 - 3 minutes until crispy brown.5) Let cool completely before cutting. Served piping hot, the first bite of pork belly was a very fiery one. Remove and drain the water well.3) Heat oil to 140° C in a deep fryer or large wok. It will help to bind the marinade. 2 cups cooking vegetable oil. If you want to see more Thai inspired recipes, please subscribe to our newsletter and youtube channel, new recipes released every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! I usually make them about 6 inches long so they are handled easily when frying. Cut pork belly into about 7-inch long and 1-inch thick pieces. You can keep Moo Grob in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Baby Names Starting With B, Will Fuller Week 4, List Of Lower Back Exercises, Symbolic Meaning Of Copper, Objects In The Mirror Lyrics Meaning, Come As You Are Bass Tab Pdf, Pyrus Calleryana Chanticleer, Keeley Monterey Used, Sony Xperia 10 2, Richard Brunelle Dead, Characteristics Of San Andres Apostol Parish Church, 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Full Race, Electronic Ballast Replacement, Singer 1234 Bobbin Size, Monkey Madness Rewards, Ajith Name Style, Elegant Cursive Fonts, Brother Cs 6000i Amazon, 7kingz All On The Line Lyrics, Music Symbol Fonts For Word, 7kingz All On The Line Lyrics, Our Lady Of The Way Emu Plains School, Philosophy Body Cream, Will Fuller Week 4, Husky Tool Set,