Tamarind pods, tamarind concentrate and tamarind paste The sour variety of tamarind is the most common and the most important for Thai and Southeast Asia cooking. A normal tamarind concentrate is prepared from fresh tamarind pulp that has been pureed with water, sugar and a little salt. You can also find new ways of your own to use this fruity, acidic concentrate; below are several photos of dishes from my hometown to give you ideas.Tamarind is one of the ingredients in Worcestershire sauce, but there is not a perfect substitute for it as the fruity flavor of tamarind is so unique. Pranee’s note: To be safe, I recommend only using Tamarind grown in Thailand in my recipes. New delicious thai recipes. I will be making my own tamarind concentrate from now on! You will then learn how tamarind make a different to the sauce. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Use for Som Tum (Thai Salad), Pad Thai (Thai style fried noodle), Tom Yum and variety of dishes. This instant Tom Yum* soup is made from the quality natural ingredients. The rest can go to the freezer or the fridge. To make a cup of peanut sauce, start with 1 tablespoon. Used as a souring agent, TAMICON Tamarind Concentrate is an effective substitute for vinegar, tomatoes and lemon juice. Product is available through all our branches nationwide near by you. Thank you. This one is made with our original process and special ingredients selection. It is more common term from liquid extract from tamarind paste. I received my first order today and it was delivered in perfect condition. You always can taste the sauce and add more later if you need to the balance of sour. Just few quick and easy steps to get a truly authentic taste of tom yum. Thought you would say about vinegar thai restaurant use in Pad Thai sauce. Thank you for the comment. Store and keep in refrigerator for two weeks, or in the freezer for 6 months. From India to Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippine, Malaysia and Indonesia, tamarind trees play a significant role in Southeast Asian cuisine and culture. Two varieties of tamarind from Thailand are available in the US markets. The wood from tamarind tree is perfect for making a butcher block or cutting board. Remove the shell, vein and seeds to get the dried and sometimes sticky fruit flesh. It comes in a beautiful box with many good looking brown pods that you can crack open and eat like any dried fruit. | Privacy, Collapse submenu Preserved, Sugar & Flour, Thai tamarind concentrate 454g by Garden Queen, Thai pure natural palm sugar blocks 500g by XO, Thai tamarind paste (makham piek) 130g by Thai Taste. Also the base reason for my curiosity was I was trying to find a ‘from scratch’ recipe for making Thai Iced Tea. September 14, 2011 by iLoveThaiCooking & Pranee's Thai Kitchen, Tamarind branches provide shade for animal and people. Tamarind fruits resemble brown, flat, fava beans. Tamarind water could mean the same thing or less concentrate but it is not a common term. For cooking we use tamarind paste ( a brick of brown paste in the photo) to make tamarind concentrate or buying already made Tamarind Concentrate like in the photo (in the container). One of them is the sweet variety, which you seldom see. Sour curry is a non-coconut curry soup. Hi, Pranee. Tamarind Concentrate (454g) by Garden Queen Ingredients: Tamarind 80%, Water 20% No artificial colouring or flavour added. It will stay fresh for a year. The different in other kinds of vinegars could be from sources and the percentage of acidity. This popular sauce is know to use in variety way of dipping. If my recipe calls for 2/3 cup of tamarind concentrate and I’m using the kind that comes in a plastic jar, do I need to dilute it at all or just scoop 2/3 cup out of the jar? Exclusive offers available online. Bring the strained liquid to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. All rights reserved Stir-fried prawns with tamarind sauce is another signature dish from Phuket. Use for cooking any  kinds of stir fry dish, soup, Tom Yum Goong, Thai spicy salad and also good as dipping with shrimp chips or snacks. Place the chunk of tamarind into a large bowl, then pour boiling water over it and let it sit until the water is cool enough to handle. The famous Thai Kai Look Keuy, Son-In-Law Eggs, has a well-balanced, gentle and fruity sour taste from tamarind, the sweet of palm sugar, a highlight of fish sauce, and the excitement of a few pinches of chili powder. Thank you! The three forms of tamarind are shown in the photo above. Great post! This special formula of our sukiyaki sauce is great to use as a seasoning, dip with hot pot meal or grilled dishes. I can only find tamarind purée in a 220g jar. Also great for other fried and grilled dishes. The concentrate form must be kept in the refrigerator or freezer until ready for use. Squeeze the tamarind to get out all of the liquid, then discard the solid. We can’t call it Phad Thai without tamarind concentrate! I don’t use tamarind product from India. Or mix with water and syrup or honey for tamarind juice. Posted in Pranee's Culinary Tales, Pranee's Tips & Techniques, Recipes, Thai Cooking School: How to series, Thai Gluten Free Recipe, Thai Ingredient 101, Thai Sauce & Condiment Recipe, Thai Vegetarian Recipe | Tagged asam, ma kham, Tamarind, tamarindo, Tom Kha Gai | 31 Comments. Massage and squeeze the tamarind in the water with both hands so the water and hands rub the tamarind to make a thick concentrate; the pulp and liquid should resemble a thick soup. I ended using 1teaspoon in the recipe I used. Thanks Hannah, these are my photos over the course of time. When you remove the pod, vein and seed then you can follow the recipe. Next time I make it I will increase the amount of tamarind concentrate I use, just to change it up and see how more tamarind will influence taste. Wondering how different they are? There is no best substitute for tamarind. Or mix with water and syrup or honey for tamarind juice. Thank you! The purpose of tamarind is to add fruity sour to your cooking both sweet and savory. Product Code Contain Packing per crate (unit) Carton dimension (mm) Gross weight (kg) 0900-01: 380 ml: 24: 272 x 412 x 200 10.5 : … Shawn. In southern Thailand we use tamarind concentrate in dipping sauces, sorbets, salad dressings, chutney, beverages, peanut sauce, stir-fry sauce, curry, soup, and any dish that needs a gentle acidic flavor to heighten it. It is available in Asian markets either as a package of dried fruit in a 16-ounce rectangular brick, or ready to use in a plastic jar. It comes in all sizes. Hi Joe, you don’t need to dilute them but do shake well before using. I saw somewhere a recipe said “put concentrate into a measuring cup and add enough water to a 1/4 cup and stir”. I hope this help. It is available in Asian markets either as a package of dried fruit in a 16-ounce rectangular brick, or ready to use in a plastic jar. Use for Som Tum (Thai Salad), Pad Thai (Thai style fried noodle), Tom Yum and variety of dishes. Sawasdee Kha, Tamarind is also used in the manufacturing of ketchups, sauces--Chinese, Worcestershire, Barbecue, etc. Hi. The tamarind tree (Tamarindus Indica L) is a large tree that can grow to be 80 to 100 feet tall. Tamarind sauce is commonly used in various northern Thai dishes as a souring agent. I agree. The sour variety of tamarind is the most common and the most important for Thai and Southeast Asia cooking. It tastes almost like from different fruit. The sugar content of Indian and Thai tamarand is different. 26/12 Moo 2, Songkanong, Sampran, Nakornpathom 73210 Tel: 0-2889-5655-7, 034-393-792 Fax: 0-2482-2022 www.chuahahseng.com Email : [email protected]. Hi Jim, you may use your tamarind concentrate. All the best and I look forward to following your blog. When I was young I loved playing with tamarind flowers. When ripe, the fruit has a long, dark-brown pod with 5 to 8 seeds. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. And if not, will these pods ripen(brown flesh) eventually or will they stay unripe? Above is my home town spicy soup similar to Tom Kha Gai (chicken sweet and sour soup with galangal and coconut milk). The mature brown pods are made into a candy or kept for cooking. When combines with palm sugar, it provides a sophisticated  balance to the flavors. Promo code for 10% off your next order. The sweet tamarind is to eat like eating dry fruit, it is sweet. I received some tamarind pods, the shell doesn’t crack easily and the flesh is green but not overly sour. All rights reserved. Otherwise use 1 teaspoon at the time enough to for the sour give some nice taste to curry but not to be too noticeable.

Bob May Golfer Career Earnings, Hospital Cartoon Drawing, Who Should Not Do Ujjayi Pranayama, Shoes For Orthotics, Self-watering Indoor Herb Garden Diy, Domaine Carneros Proposal, How To Recycle Tea Bags, Kong Gyro Interactive Dog Toy, Ny State License Verification, Lake Dixon Camping, Best Neck Massager, Do Numbri Punjabi Song, 2004 Sl500 0-60, Commercial Garage For Rent Nj, App Locker For Android Tv, St James Church Petts Wood, List Of Environmental Laws In South Africa, Banyan By Mary Oliver, Unr Zoom Backgrounds, Drummond 1/2 Hp Transfer Pump Brushes, Nothing Compares To You Piano Chords, How To Find A Store On Ebay, Gst Content Calculator, World War 2 Medalused Acura Tlx, Hayward Super Pump Vs 700 Manual,