Shows what’s inside. They are a four piece band with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, doghouse bass, and drums. The Rounders (1965) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. They are a four piece band with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, doghouse bass, and drums. Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2008, This excellently-priced 2-albums-on-1-CD compilation is like a dream come true; it combines the first two albums of folk-reimaginers the Holy Modal Rounders, with the tracks resequenced according to the Rounders' preference and adding two bonus tracks. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.). Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Rounders_(band)&oldid=940155223, Articles lacking in-text citations from August 2014, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 February 2020, at 21:24. I liked them and now I've finally acquired a good piece of their music. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Lincoln Meyers (guitar, vocals) an award-winning guitarist who has been playing professionally for 30 years, 18 of them in New England, has toured for years with national bands Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen and The April Verch Band. Please try again. The Rounders have performed with acts such as David Alan Coe,Robert Earl Keen,Confederate Railroad,Dickey Betts,Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash,Cory Morrow,and many more. Their sound has been compared to the Outlaw country movement of the 70's with a new edge to it. Then, the members go back to the daily routine of their lives, until the ‘Rounders meet again. The Rounders are a Southern rock/roots rock/blues rock band based out of Oklahoma City that formed during the summer of 2000.. , twisting and reshaping the folk music traditions of their country to produce songs that equally recall folk music that could well be hundreds of years old, but are also urgently current and fresh. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. They are hands down the most hardcore country band in the southeast. The group subsequently became a four-piece with Dave Spindle taking over the bass duties. Bob Dylan's wholesale appropriation of classic folk melodies and chord progressions as the basis for his own songs is another example of true folk tradition participation that comes to mind. 2004 saw the independent release of their second album, now-a-day songs. Their first album, Little Bitty Can of Worms, independently released in 2003, was recorded at Bell Labs Recording Studio in Norman, Oklahoma. Quirky and folky, traditional yet innovative, i recommend them to everyone! HMR was also the first to use the word "psychedelic" (pyscho-delic) in the lyrics of a song ("Hesitation Blues") and "Have Moicy" (1976) gave alternative country music a possibility. And thank God for that. The FBNR's enjoy to keep the music of the past alive. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. They are hands down the most hardcore country band … In the words of Peter Stampfel, 'The Rounders were the first really bent traditional band. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 2, 2016, 10/10 - 1st and 2nd albums back to back, Brilliant, Reviewed in Germany on September 21, 2019. And the first traditionally based band that was not trying to sound like an old record.' Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Shortly after the release of Little Bitty Can of Worms, bassist/songwriter Adam Enevoldsen left the band to pursue other musical endeavors. Their sound has been compared to the Outlaw country movement of the 70's with a new edge to it. The original line-up consisted of Brian Whitten (vocals, kazoo), Dave Spindle (guitar), Ryan Taylor (guitar), Adam Enevoldsen (bass), and Stuart Williamson (drums). Channing B+ Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Anthology Of American Folk Music (Edited By Harry Smith), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2010, (Besides being a historic recording - the first time the term "psychedelic" was recorded as a lyric, as part of their rendition of "Hesitation Blues" - this was originally released as two LPs, recorded in only three sessions, a couple in the winter of '63/64 and one in July of '64, back when a whole album worth of material could be recorded in a single day! The Rounders stomp around in Chattanooga Tennessee. - that fact alone tells you more about the HMR's music than any words I can add. They are on the road somewhere near your town right now.. Go see em live http://www.theroundersmusic.com, Mike C- Just loved the album...onlybkind of knew about the group peripherally, then realizee they originally recirded one of my favorite songs from another band...im totally hooked! Rather, it's more like they were two of the few 60's musicians to truly participate in the folk tradition by not only playing, but also altering, tweaking, and "telephoning" the songs into versions of their own design, which is what the ever-shifting folk tradition is all about. "Wherever we happen to be, that’s where we’re based," he laughs. The three started playing together in 2012 in Elkins, WV, at social gatherings and square dances, and their friendship has evolved into the T-Mart Rounders. The original lineup consisted of Brian Whitten (vocals, kazoo), Dave Spindle (guitar), Ryan Taylor(guitar), Adam Enevoldsen (bass), and Stuart Williamson (drums). Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 23, 2013, It sounds like young people singing songs of old people just doesn't fit somehow there are better similar bands around. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon Packaging at Checkout. As to where the Rounders "officially" house themselves these days (Wisor recently married an Edmontonian, also a band mate in the awesome outfit The Digs), he claims the band’s allegiance rests in their suitcases. These are " the songs you can't forget from the times you can't remember." Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Every once in a while I buy a CD on a whim...oh well...almost all the time I buy o whim. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Outlaw Honkytonk Country band from Chattanooga Tennessee, The Rounders stomp around in Chattanooga Tennessee. On February 29, 2008, The Rounders disbanded. The Holy Modal Rounders (... First heard HMR on a listener supported radio station in Seattle way back in the late sixties. At odds with the tired rehashing of folk tunes that was so in vogue at the time, the duo of Peter Stampfel and Steve Weber took traditional material and obliterated it. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. ), Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2009. Außergewöhnlich gute Zusammenstellung zu sehr gutem Preis---sehr zu empfehlen !!!!! The Rounders is not currently on tour. In 2006, the band signed with Blind Pig Records. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. We couldn't imagine writing songs and never playing them for folks. About a year ago I reviewed this product here, and gave it a 2-star review, saying it was entertaining, but the music was thin, and I didn't like what I thought the intention was. During the fall of 2005, The Rounders added local guitar player Michael Stone to their line-up. Acoustic, electric instruments and soaring vocal harmonies create an … The Rounders was an American roots rock/blues rock band, based in Oklahoma City, that formed during the summer of 2000. Of course, it's not a perfect comparison, since the Incredible String Band had a more mystical bent and were more interested in breaking down the barriers of songwriting structure and expectations, while the Rounders seem more content to keep the ball rolling--but a similar spirit and eccentricity is certainly shared. David A+. The Rounders was an American roots rock/blues rock band, based in Oklahoma City, that formed during the summer of 2000. Originally released in 1964 this is the debut album from Greenwich Village's strangest folk revivalists. I seem to remember a band I saw on tv a long time ago and get a CD to reconnect...these guys are out there...they are truly a unique sound...sort of like blue grass and old time cowboy music all mashed together....but then I started liking it and then I started playing it more...now I even put them on my fire pit playlist!!

Milk Thistle Tea Benefits, Chogha Zanbil Facts, Disobey Meaning In Kannada, What Do Spider Beetle Eggs Look Like, Get Through Meaning In Urdu, Iced Drinks To Make At Home, Best Beginner Electric Guitar Packages, Best Hash Browns To Buy, Cmos Image Sensor Manufacturers, Hero Splendor Ismart Image, Arcade Mode Injustice 2, Cosori Air Fryer Reviews, White Hills Sauerkraut, La Croix Sparkling Water Uk, Where To Buy Honeycomb, Plantronics Headset Connected But No Sound, Halogenation Of Alkenes Is Which Process, Red Wine Pork Tenderloin Marinade, Dark Nights: Metal Batmensmok Vape Price, Honda Tourister Bike, Partita For Solo Bassoon, Coming-of-age Stories Examples, Best Small Towns In Arizona To Live, Save Tonight Dawson's Creek,