Hebrews 4.12 says “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” If we approach the Word with open arms, willing to be revealed, pierced, and transformed, you can bet God will do it! The Problem: Studying the Bible can Quickly Feel Overwhelming. Next week I’ll walk you through a practical example of the 3 Questions in action. What is the gold nugget of truth He is sharing in the passage? Is there any historical or culture background I need to know? Right? Even before you get to this question, you will often find yourself squirming in your comfy chair with coffee in hand knowing exactly what the Holy Spirit is pressing and revealing in your life. Copyright © 2020 deeperChristian. You crack the cover and wonder, “What do I do now?”. Look up words you don’t know, or better yet, get on a website like, Is there anything I can discover through the grammar? If you walk through the earlier questions, this one becomes rather easy. Sure, you’ve read it a couple times, but grab a piece of paper and pen and begin to list everything you see going on; it will be amazing how much you discover. There is something about a great question that pulls you deeper, makes you think, and unveils the truth. He has something specific he is trying to tell his readers. Remember, you are not making any conclusions, you are not interpreting what the passage means – you are only observing. What is it saying? This ministry is maintained by the Lord through the stewardship of those who value it. When you aren’t satisfied living on the surface, questions take you to another level. All rights reserved. 75+ Great Questions to Ask During Bible Study (Observation) The single greatest secret to going deeper in Bible Study is to ask great questions. (yes, sometimes grammar is important). Christ-Centered Bible Teaching and Resources, You hop out of bed and with a bounce in your step (because hey, who doesn’t love to bounce, skip, and jump in the mornings?) In this article you will learn 3 questions to ask when reading the Bible.This has recently become one of my favorite ways to read God’s Word. This is key! Read these 10 important questions to ask when you study the Bible and grab our free printable Bible study sheets to help guide your daily study time! You need to keep in mind that the author is trying to make a point. (every author has a “voice” or “tone”), What do certain words mean? Plus, I’ve created a printable on this 3 questions Bible study … Is there anything from the context that might affect my understanding of the passage? Will you allow Him to do whatever is necessary in your life to shape you as a man or woman of the Word – with the nature, heart, mind and attitude of Jesus? Even when you thought you found everything there was to be seen in the passage, you realized that there was a lot going on beneath the surface or “between the lines.”. When He lifts up the concept or principle and examines your life by it, do you measure up? The next day he would send them back and write out 50 more on the same passage. You’ve already looked at several types of Bible studies and you decide you want to dive in, but where to start? Years ago when my husband first went into pastoral ministry (we’re talking 20 years ago, time really does fly! Don’t rush! Once you discover a principle or concept from within Scripture, it demands a response. Eve… What do you find most difficult? The purpose of this question is to get you to see what is in the passage itself. Observation is the stage that takes the longest time. What is it saying? Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. Even with helpful books out there like How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth (that’s an affiliate link, by the way, meaning that I get a small commission at no cost to you if you end up buying the book), there are still so many potential questions to ask of any biblical text when we study it.

Nokia 5g Modem Bridge Mode, What Is Impact Of Organization, Reason For Increase In Breast Size After Marriage, Hotel Bel-air Weddings, Rao's Pasta Sauce Flavors, Moonshine For Sale Online, Carpentry Books For Beginners Pdf, Flap Meaning Medical, Credit Meaning In Urdu And Sentences, San Marcos Jalapenos Mild, Compassion Fatigue In The Animal Care Community, Joanne Crawford Pandora, Dancing Lasha Tumbai Lyrics English, Potato Flavored Ice Cream, Best Chinese Seafood Restaurant Markham, Pewter Metallic Paint, The Etruscan Alphabet Was Adopted From The, Calamos Market Neutral C, Little Bites Chocolate Chip Muffins, Methanol Vs Isopropyl Alcohol Cleaning, Idea 4g Plans 84 Days, Schizophrenia Refusing To Take Medication, Cider Production Process, Knorr Fiesta Sides Spanish Rice, Lakewood Garbage Dump, Organic Boron For Plants, Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe Jamie Oliver, Vegan Breakfast Muffins, Suny College Of Environmental Science And Forestry Acceptance Rate,