When tying the cakes with string, use a moderate amount of tension. So I love the tips and the video! Hello Chi Trang, this is my second year making them following your recipe and my family loves them so much I can’t make them fast enough. There are many variations on the filling, some sweet and others savory. 3. Using a spoon, add more rice to the sides of the cake. Not a silly question at all. Bring the top portion of the leaves down and wrap firmly around the cake. Add the remaining 2 tsp salt and combine with the rice. Thank you for making your recipes look so easy. Place the cleaned banana leaves back into the original plastic bag and then seal with tape. Tape together the 2 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper to form an 11 inch square paper template. (You’ll need 3 sheets of banana leaves per cake). When I unwrapped one of them, one side has a bit of hard sweet rice. Please note I made a double recipe and that’s why there are 8 cakes in my stockpot. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or until rice is done when soft and loses it’s opaqueness. Please tell me that it’s ok? Cut the cake into thick slices using a sharp knife or with cooking twine. (You'll need 3 sheets of banana leaves per cake). After boiling Banh tet for 1 hour, 8 of them to be exact, I realize that I forgot to wrap them in foil!!!! Subscribe to receive blog updates via Email: We believe good food and cooking brings friends, family, and loves ones together—and keeps them together, hence our motto, Xoi Man Sticky Rice Recipe with Chinese Sausage, Chicken, Shrimp, Xoi Bap Sticky Rice with Hominy and Mung beans, If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe and, Ca Ngu Kho Thom Braised Bonito with Pineapple. No arguments, these Sticky Rice and Mung Bean Cakes are time-consuming to make, but, when you take that first bite of cake you’ll agree the effort was all worth it. Smooth out the top, encasing the filling with an even amount of rice. Moisten 2 large sheets of paper towels and place the cleaned banana leaves between the towels. Remove the foil and rinse each cake with cold water. 2 (8 1/2 x 11 inch) sheets of paper Wondering for freezing. My cakes measure: Diameter: 2 3/4 inches, Circumference: 8 3/4 inches, Height: 7 inches. I cooked 2 Banh tet in my 6 quart pressure cooker for 2 hours and let them sit untouched for 90 minutes. Hi Phuong, Have lots of leftover cake? Good Luck! Thank you so much Trang. I made banh tet for the first time, your explanations & how you organized the recipe really gave me the confidence to make them. This type of sweet rice is versatile because it can be eaten as breakfast, a snack, or a side dish to a dinner. Xoi vo is a subtly sweet glutinous rice that is made of with crumbled/crush (vo means to crush/crumble) mung beans. Place a piece of marinated pork on top of one of the mung bean strips. The technique for tying the string is what makes the cakes so unique and eye-catching. I really appreciate all the details you provide in your recipes. When you say 4 cups soaked glutinous rice, does that mean we measure 4 cups of rice and soak it or soak it and measure 4 cups of rice? Freeze the whole cakes for up to 6 months. These cakes can’t be over-cooked but can be under-cooked so I recommend erring on the side of more time rather than too much. Place a heavy lid or plate on top of the cakes. Your help gives me confidence to try making Banh tet again! I have tried and had lots of success with a lot of your dishes. Measure the logs and make sure they're approximately 5 inches long. Using the paper template, cut out 12 sheets of banana leaves. 2. Was it covered completely with water? Can you think of anything different about this one side of under-cooked cake? * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Do you think I should have refill water or turned the cake after the first hour? I am planning to make Your Banh Tet recipe for the upcoming New Year so please help me with the following questions: 1. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Happy New Year!! 3. Good Luck! (See the video for a demonstration.). This is what I get for waiting until the last minute ! Was there more rice in this cake than the other? Kudos! Would you believe only one split a tiny bit! Do not add lukewarm or cold water to the pot. Hi Thanh, Hi Van, I truly appreciate your interest and support for my blog. I would love to try making this again but only after I find out what went wrong first. Thank you for your time. Hope that helps! Hi Tina, Roll and shape into a log. I adjusted the rice to consider several important variables: 1) brand of rice 2) soaking time 3) size of filling logs 4) amount of rice preferred in cakes. I am cooking on the stove and with the pressure cooker. When adding water to the pot, only use boiling water. I thought the yellow color of xoi vo came from the yellow muslin fabric she used, but now I realize the beautiful yellow color comes from steaming the rice and the yellow mung beans together.

Arcade Mode Injustice 2, Gender Inequality In Family Essay, Gnocchi And Ground Beef, Verb Ser In Spanish, Krt Carts 2020, Courts Deep Fryer, Harris Roach Killer, Liquid Spray Reviews, Agree Meaning In Bengali, Uncrustables Bbq Chicken Bites, Friedel-crafts Acylation Of Ferrocene Theoretical Yield, Organic Blueberry Bread, Homemade Japanese Beetle Traps, Hero Hf Deluxe Eco Vs Hero Hf Deluxe, Chapter 5 Crazy Love Summary, Log Cabins For Sale In North Carolina, Homemade Energy Bar Recipes, Franco Manca Franchise, Murugan Story In Telugu, Hand Painted Oil Paintings On Canvas, Closed-end Funds Screener, Bible Adventures Lifekids, Aesthetics In Art, Product Line Example, Mayfair Hotel Jersey, Happy Child Cartoon Images, Set Of Moral Principles Crossword Puzzle Clue, Complete Book Of Framing: An Illustrated Guide For Residential Construction, Veterinary Assistant Practice Test, Protein Drink Mix With Water, Blush Maxi Dress, Boho, Basmati Rice Recipes With Chicken, Small Office Space For Rent, How To Make White Tea With Milk, Magic Flute Overture Analysis, Matcha Benefits For Skin,