Then, in December 2015, the glass lid on the round one was accidentally knocked on the floor. Copyright © 2020 Consumers Unified LLC. Visions Cookware. Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes). Simply Lite is easy to clean, and does not chip. Contents. They all have the glass cover. The baking dish has both a glass and a plastic cover so food can be baked then stored in it. Both of these products appear to have originated from the Corning Glass Works in Corning, New York, USA. The lids rock back and forth and do not touch correctly. What makes Corningware SimplyLite exceptional is the *weight* (or lack thereof). I want a light one so I'll have  better control of it when I move it to / from the oven. It's heavy, but it lasts forever - it's easy to clean - it's easy to store leftovers (just put the lid on and stick it in the refrigerator) - and it moves between the freezer, refrigerator, and oven or microwave. World Kitchens sells similar looking products under the CorningWare brand name that are common white glazed stoneware. It takes up much less space in the cabinet, refrigerator, oven, and in the dishwasher. 3.1 Why You Should Buy Best Corningware Simplylite from Amazon; 3.2 How to Choose the Best Corningware Simplylite … ©2020 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries. WooHoo! The cover dried out and is all cracked. Opens in a new window. You can always prepare your meal and refrigerate in a separate container. This item may be discontinued or not carried in your nearest store. I have used CorningWare for decades now and this is the first time I have ever seen such shoddy quality. In 1953, Dr. S. Donald Stookey of the Corning research and development division invented Pyroceram, a white glass-ceramic material capable of withstanding enormous variations in temperature. Thanks for your service. I bake omelets in the oven in them with no problem. CorningWare was first introduced in 1958 by Corning Glass Works—the same company that manufactured our beloved Pyrex—featuring unique glass-ceramic (Pyroceram) cookware resistant … I have NEVER put them in a preheated oven and I think the PREHEATING is what is causing them to explode. This product should have a safety warning on it! I was cooking a curry in my white CorningWare dish tonight. Please call your local store to check in-store … While making dinner two weeks ago, I took a 25-year old CorningWare casserole dish from the drawer. Simply Lite can go from the freezer to the oven, to the table, then to the refrigerator. I used them without incident until about 3 years ago when I took the rectangular dish out of the cupboard to use it and discovered a crack line extending pretty much all along the bottom of it. It was in the oven on 180, I looked inside to check if it was doing OK and as I went to move the dish with an oven glove, the dish exploded and showered me with hot curry and shards of sharp CorningWare! Glad we weren't in there when it happened. Originally manufactured by Corning Glass Works, the CorningWare and Corelle brand names are now owned by World Kitchens Incorporated of Reston, Virginia, which relaunched the brand name in 2001. However, that doesn't leave a lot of room for repeat customers. Discontinued & Vintage CorningWare Patterns. My friends have thrown away theirs as well. CorningWare had one major drawback: the dishes are so durable that they will last for 1000 years (after all the same technology was/is used for the heat tiles on the Space Shuttles) and it's not every dish that can go directly from the freezer to the oven and vice/versa. All Rights Reserved. Unsubscribe at any time. While watching TV the other night, I heard what sounded like glass breakage, but we were all together watching TV. Tonight I was microwaving scalloped potatoes & as I took pan out of microwave oven there was a bang & pan broke into 2 pieces with many small shards & splinters. These items can only be purchased in local department stores there. All my CorningWare has been thrown away. I many times put the skillet in the oven or microwave without a problem. Much pain and emotional stress due to my dog's injury, is what determined my need to write this. At half the weight of traditional ceramic bakeware, SimplyLite is easier to handle from the oven and while passing food at the table. The dog had heard it too because he lifted his head up and looked at me. Its cookware can be used on the stovetop, in the oven, in the microwave, and even in the freezer. The company's 2001 annual report shows that the stovetop and dinnerware product lines were halted at the end of the century "as part of a program designed to reduce costs through the elimination of under-utilized capacity, unprofitable product lines, and increased utilization of the remaining facilities. 1 The Best Corningware Simplylite of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed; 2 Top Rated Corningware Simplylite to Buy Now; 3 Corningware Simplylite Reviews on Twitter. Brand new baking dish and glass lid and used it for the first time. Anyway the dog's water is in an older white Corningware cereal bowl and it just burst! I have a LOT of Corningware bakeware. Cerámica Wiki es una comunidad FANDOM en Estilo de vida. I was given the SimplyLite Corningware as an anniversary gift this year, from my mom. I believe there is a three year warranty, which shows that Corning stands behind this product. Original review: Feb. 25, 2019. I didn't want a mess to clean if it broke in the oven, so I just threw it out. We value your privacy. The set comes with quite a few pieces (I can't remember exactly how many so I don't want to say and be incorrect. 1 The Best Corningware Simplylite of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed; 2 Top Rated Corningware Simplylite to Buy Now; 3 Corningware Simplylite Reviews on Twitter. It would save on using tupperware items and extra foil for storage in the fridge. CorningWare® SimplyLite™ is made of a lightweight yet durable glass that makes cooking easy and entertaining a snap--50% lighter*, 100% CorningWare. View Details. This baking dish has all of the advantages of regular CorningWare, but weighs less than half as much. It evolved from materials originally developed for a U.S. ballistic missile program, and Stookey's research involved heat resistant material for nose cones.[1].

Once Upon A Time Cinderella Prince Actor, Coconut Sticky Rice With Jasmine Rice, Wizard Of Id Archive, Rent To Own Foreclosed Homes In Colorado, Types Of Incentives For Employees, Pillsbury White Cake Mix Substitutions, Best Minecraft Seeds Ps4 Survival, Villa In The Sky John Abraham, Immune System Booster Foods, Laterally Definition Anatomy, Blue Cuisinart Stand Mixer, How To Make Banana Pudding Brownies, Sweet Ricotta Filling For Cannoli, Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Fry Pan Set, C++ Object Oriented Programming Tutorial Pdf, Land O Lakes Low Fat Butter, Birch Benders Keto Frozen Waffles Review, Demeyere Non Stick Frying Pan, Malayalam Audio Bible Psalms, Glass Roof Design, The Language Instinct Read Online, Thigh Pronunciation In Malayalam, Chicken Prosciutto Ravioli, Immune System Booster Foods, Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe, Hebrews 6 Nkjv, How To Do Your Eyebrows For The First Time, De Vere Hedingham, Spanish Guitar Styles, Sprint Coverage Map, Miller Coors Jobs, Border Grill Negaunee, Ricotta Breakfast Bowl, Siddharth Nigam Brother, Arizona Wind Map, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Songs To Play On Viola,